Myles Garrett racking up more hype (1 Viewer)

LoE

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Exec: Myles Garrett best player on field no matter who A&M plays - NFL.com

"Myles Garrett will always be the best player on the field. Doesn't matter who they play," one executive told NFL.com analyst Daniel Jeremiah.

That's, in essence, an endorsement for Garrett as the No. 1 prospect in the college game. An NFL scout said the same thing about this time a year ago, and Garrett has backed up the hype with his play. Opponents, in turn, routinely give their offensive tackles help in keeping him off the quarterback. He's been compared to former Eagles and Titans star Jevon Kearse, and Raiders pass rusher Khalil Mack, as well.

Another executive described him as a "constant mismatch", and each of five execs agreed that Garrett will be the top player in the Texas A&M-Alabama game.

We have as much a chance of drafting him as I do of winning the power-ball.

So it's moot now. But man is he gonna be good in the pros IMO.

All that hype should make us stay far away from him. Clowney had the same hype. So did Vic Beasley. both have yet to live up to the hype. I say we keep doing what we've been doing.

All that hype should make us stay far away from him. Clowney had the same hype. So did Vic Beasley. both have yet to live up to the hype. I say we keep doing what we've been doing.

Vic Beasley has 4.5 sacks in 6 games so far this year. He's living up to the hype.

Even then, Beasley was nowhere near the prospect Garrett is.

What's not to like? He's a very athletic, prototypical 4-3 WDE. He's exactly what over half (including the Saints) of the teams in the NFL need. And you get him on the cheap for the first 5 years.

Dude's a stud. At a position of need. That the Saints will not have a chance to get in the draft.

Never know. Stranger things have happened. Now I know it's the longest of longshots. But if you're going to dream - dream big. This guy is exactly what we need. Imagine it.

With the Bears, Browns, Jets, Panthers, and 49ers almost certainly picking before us and other teams like the Chargers, Dolphins, and Colts maybe picking before us, it'd take a miracle of a trade.

Even if we only win 5-6 games, we are probably still picking 6th or 7th.

Look at what happened wiht La'el a day or two before the draft. Or look at all the guys that tear an ACL on the final play.

Anything can happen. If luck were to finally smile our way, you don't blink - you get this guy.

Myles Garrett is a special player but I think Leonard Fournette will make a huge impact in the NFL also. Both are can't miss players

Personally I'd like Barnett for our scheme. He seems to play with a little bit more nasty/power to his game.

Look at what happened wiht La'el a day or two before the draft. Or look at all the guys that tear an ACL on the final play.

Anything can happen. If luck were to finally smile our way, you don't blink - you get this guy.

So your hoping he blows an ACL or is a suspect in a murder investigation so we can draft him?
Not cool man

Well we will see how much hype is warranted this weekend.

Yes I've seen him play this year but bama is the true test.

So your hoping he blows an ACL or is a suspect in a murder investigation so we can draft him?
Not cool man

What? Of course not. Surprised you would even suggest that.

No. Let me rephrase. Anything can happen. There's always surprises in the draft.

And if something -were- to happen, if he slid for whatever reason, then you reach up and get him. Don't give up hope just because it's unlikely as hell.

The guy is that good. And he is exactly what this team needs. Exactly. Imagine the difference he'd make on our D.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom