Myspace/Friendster/facebook/etc (1 Viewer)

Do you have :covri: things on a web page

• Yes, in fact I'm deleting it now. No one else should see it but my friends.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hoyasaint

Banned
Reaction score
Given the recent proliferation of these websites with everyone and their kids, I was wondering how many people only post things they don't mind everyone seeing or if people have stuff they don't expect others to see.

I know for a fact there are a few parents and employers that use these sites to see whats happening with kids or prospective hires. Not to mention all the racist stuff that's been popping up on face book albums and stuff. So do you have any :covri: things on your page or is it just stuff you have no problem with everyone seeing?

I have a private Myspace. It's always funny to see some of our employee's Myspace pages come up in our annual report that a third party does to see if any of our employees have stuff out there that they shouldn't. The stuff that they leave public blows my mind.

I have found out some very helpful info abouit opposing witnesses in cases by using myspace and crap.
do people not realize that if you put up a webpage other people - even people you don;t want to - will see it?

a jort suit aka juit.

:hihi:

i have a stupid myspace page....i never even look at it.....i have some friends across the country that are on there so i joined.....i just call them or email them

worst website ever

They are just fronts for the CIA :hihi:

Those sites aren't worth my time and the myspace pages I have seen are nothing but a jumble of pics and words that are camoflaged by those confusing tiled wallpapers. Hurts my eyes.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they were invented by girls as additional stalking tools. That is pretty much all I've seen them used as. And you know guys, if girls say get on this site, well if you're pretty enough its done.

Hate to bring up such an old thread, but rather than start a new one I thought I'd paste something I wrote here a few minutes ago.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was just listening to a radio send about potential and existing employers and myspace users.
I have heard it before, as you likely have also, but I just wanted to recap again.

If you are a professional, adult, looking for job, etc., then heed this warning:
Be very careful what you put on your page !

I know for a fact that in many cases part of the application process is looking up your myspace, facebook, etc. pages to see what you "really are like", or at the very least the way you want to be seen by others. Many times this can hinder your chances at getting a job or promotion, scholarship, or what have you. It makes perfect sense and to be honest I'd do it if I were in a hiring position.

That said, I would not particularly be interested in someone with a page filled with booze or drug related images or writing. That also goes for anything the mainstream might deem "creepy". Understand?
This guy also mentioned that foul language can play a part as well as the photos one may have stored in albums. His suggestion? Clean your page up if you want a new job, promotion...you get the point.

He even mentioned situations where some have been fired because they were scrutinized on account of their page. Basically it boils down to this: Don't put up anything you don't want the provider of your livelihood knowing about. And setting your page to "Private" can be a red flag.

In your 30's or 40's ? Then make your page age appropriate and don't exhibit yourself like you might have in your teens, had we access to such technology.

This was just a PSA I wanted to share with y'all. Now go clean your pages ! LOL

RCS

As a teacher, I won't let anyone put something bad of me up. I also don't accept invites from anyone still in high school. I only use facebook, though, but there is definitly some searching going on with my profession.

As a teacher, I won't let anyone put something bad of me up. I also don't accept invites from anyone still in high school. I only use facebook, though, but there is definitly some searching going on with my profession.

I'll bet. A good friend of mine is a teacher also and she has to be ultra careful, as you mentioned.

I only talk about the kids on mine. Mostly about my youngest and his stroke and how well he's doing. I started talking about what was going on with him before we even knew he had a stroke. It's been a nice place for me to update everyone at once on how he's doing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom