N.O. Locals please read (1 Viewer)

TouchdownDeuce

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Me and the wife are staying in the Quarter this Saturday night. Ive done some research on places to watch the game Sunday. Heres a few Ive found so far:Cooter Browns, Johnny Whites sports bar, Balcony bar, Bulldog bar,Cajun Mike`s,Fin McCools. Do any of you have a favorite spot? Id like to just watch the game with some hardcore Saints fans and enjoy some good food. Any info is appreciated.

Me and the wife are staying in the Quarter this Saturday night. Ive done some research on places to watch the game Sunday. Heres a few Ive found so far:Cooter Browns, Johnny Whites sports bar, Balcony bar, Bulldog bar,Cajun Mike`s,Fin McCools. Do any of you have a favorite spot? Id like to just watch the game with some hardcore Saints fans and enjoy some good food. Any info is appreciated.

If I am not at the game, I am at Finn McCools. They usually have a HUGE spread of home cooked food with a theme and you vote on the best dishes and the winner gets a bar tab. The food usually starts an hour before game time....but if you go get there at least an hour and a half before game time because the place gets absolutely packed. But I can't imagine watching it anywhere else now.

The Balcony can be pretty smokey. The Renezvous is pretty fun with a good atmosphere, which is 2 blocks from balcony bar (free Indian food, kind of smokey, may have to stand). The bulldog has good food with an outside courtyard with a big TV. Get there early if you want a seat. I got to say that Cooter Browns may be the best with a rowdy fans and lots of huge TVs and great food. Get there like an hour early to save seats though. I got there 15 minutes before the giants game and all 60 or so seats were taken and I stood the whole game. Good luck and have a great time!!! Who Dat!!!

Thanks for the help guys. All these places sound good to me. I guess I`ll just pick a place thats close to our hotel. (Historic French market inn) I`ll be wearing my #84 Michael lewis jersey, if any of you see me come give me a WHO DAT!

I've never been to Fin McCool's, but have heard good things. Bulldog's always fun, but I second Monkey Hill. It's kind of off the beaten path at the Audubon Park end of Magazine, but their screen's huge, they have domestic beers at like 5 for $10, and the free food's made by a chef from Clancy's of all places.

If I'm not at the game, I'm watching all of the games on DTV :), but I've been to Fin, and Cooters, both are cool

Anywhere?

I'm a native who doesn't live in NOLA anymore. But my guess would be, right about now, ANYWHERE in New Orleans is a good place to watch the game. If it's a bar and has a TV, it's going to be loaded with hardcore fans.

I don't know that I've ever watched a game at Cooter Brown's, but I've had plenty of good times (and oysters on the half shell) there! I'd go there if I could, of the places you mentioned.

The Balcony can be pretty smokey. The Renezvous is pretty fun with a good atmosphere, which is 2 blocks from balcony bar (free Indian food, kind of smokey, may have to stand). The bulldog has good food with an outside courtyard with a big TV. Get there early if you want a seat. I got to say that Cooter Browns may be the best with a rowdy fans and lots of huge TVs and great food. Get there like an hour early to save seats though. I got there 15 minutes before the giants game and all 60 or so seats were taken and I stood the whole game. Good luck and have a great time!!! Who Dat!!!

yep -- thinkCooter Browns is the best -- no matter where you are you have a great view of a big screen TV. Good food as stated in this post

Cooter Browns. A zillion TVs. Every beer in the world. Oysters on the half. Great sandwiches. Cool atmosphere. Get there early.

You didn't say if you'd have a car or not, but if you're in the quarter, the Finn McCools wouldn't be too convenient. Of the places you named, only Johnny White's is actually in the Quarter. Cooter Brown's is a good ways away, but it is on the St. Charles streetcar line, so it wouldn't be too inconvenent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom