N/P doc rivers to clippers (1 Viewer)

I really like the Clippers team, but have a hard time rooting for CP3. The (then)Hornets were somewhat dysfunctional at the time, but should that really earn him a pass?

Interesting to see if NBA comes in and blocks this deal. I believe their is some rule against trading coaches in players CBA. If approved Clips will have to shop Griffin's contract.

I have a hard time blaiming any player for his decisions while playing for under the Shinn ownership. Even tho Paul left after Shinn sold the team to the NBA, Stern running the team with no soild ownership yet on the horizon? Yea Paul and West are last ones I will hold at fault.

The west gets harder while the east is as weak as ever. :rant:

Nothing against Doc, but it aint like the Clipps just hired Phil Jackson. Sure He's got a championship ring, surrounded by a lot of missed playoffs and early play-off exits.

IMO the only reason this is even a big "story" is that it's a trade and not simply a coaching hire. With this move alone I don't see the Clippers being much improved in 2013/14. Matter of fact, IMO the Clippers will not really compete for a championship (Wait, did I just say Clippers and compete for a championship in the smae sentence? Wierd..) anyway, until Griffen learns to do more than dunk the ball. At some point his ego is going to have to take a back seat to the "Team" or "A" team....

Nothing against Doc, but it aint like the Clipps just hired Phil Jackson. Sure He's got a championship ring, surrounded by a lot of missed playoffs and early play-off exits.

IMO the only reason this is even a big "story" is that it's a trade and not simply a coaching hire. With this move alone I don't see the Clippers being much improved in 2013/14. Matter of fact, IMO the Clippers will not really compete for a championship (Wait, did I just say Clippers and compete for a championship in the smae sentence? Wierd..) anyway, until Griffen learns to do more than dunk the ball. At some point his ego is going to have to take a back seat to the "Team" or "A" team....

So the east didn't get weaker with Doc leaving? Dude is a top 5-10 easily and is a motivator to players and he gets them to follow what he is saying. Great move by the Clips and the Celtics will be not so good this year.

So the east didn't get weaker with Doc leaving? Dude is a top 5-10 easily and is a motivator to players and he gets them to follow what he is saying. Great move by the Clips and the Celtics will be not so good this year.

The east getting weaker is more a result of the Celtics rebuilding than Doc leaving, which is likely why Doc left in the first place. The Celtics were going to take a giant step backward regardless.

As for Doc being a top 5-10 coach? He aint near top 5, maybe, maybe 10.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom