N/S 49'ers land Phil Dawson (1 Viewer)

Ross

Scottish Who Dat!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Phil Dawson says he has signed with San Francisco 49ers - ESPN

These guys! :rolleyes:

If-I-ignore-it-maybe-it-will-go-away_o_34279.jpg

75 year old Phil Dawson? That played for the Cleveland Browns before they left Cleveland?

I make fun of him but that dude is automatic. good signing for them at least he won't have a case of the yips.

They've made an awful lot of changes to that team. I know that turnover is natural but there's something to be said for continuity.

They've made an awful lot of changes to that team. I know that turnover is natural but there's something to be said for continuity.

Yep. And I don't see how they can keep all 17 draft picks. You're talking a turnover rate on par with the 2005-06 Saints at this rate. They've already lost 3 starters on defense and are likely to lose a key reserve (Larry Grant) as well, for instance.

75 year old Phil Dawson? That played for the Cleveland Browns before they left Cleveland?

I make fun of him but that dude is automatic. good signing for them at least he won't have a case of the yips.

He started with Cleveland in 1999 when they came back.

Yeah guy is automatic and a fan favorite, they are probably not happy he is gone.

Lol, I was thinking they already had Dawson but turns out it was just David Akers.

Yep. And I don't see how they can keep all 17 draft picks. You're talking a turnover rate on par with the 2005-06 Saints at this rate. They've already lost 3 starters on defense and are likely to lose a key reserve (Larry Grant) as well, for instance.

We only lost 2 starters this year, Sopoaga and Goldson. Sopoaga was ranked our most overrated player on the entire team last season by PFF and technically only played in 30 percent of the snaps on defense. Goldson, I love the guy for his ability to drop the hammer, but he was a liability in coverage. He knew how to blow people up, but his coverage skills were far from spectacular. Larry Grant backs up Willis and Bowman so he'll never see the field as long as those two are healthy, so that's not really a key backup. Ricky Jean-Francois was a key backup that we lost, but he signed for starter money with the Colts.

We only have 14 draft picks this year, not 17.

Now if Justin Smith retired or we let Willis go, I'd be worried. Losing Sop and Goldson, I am not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom