N/S 49's will have 15 picks in draft (1 Viewer)

These last couple of years have reminded me how much I hate the 49ers. :aargh:

Put it like this, we had something like 25 new players in 2006. Around 50% of the roster.

With even a modest amount of free agent losses/signings, this puts the 49ers on pace to near the same rate of turnover.

That's crazy. It's just not going to happen. Team replace 30 players over the course of like 3-4 years.

If we're talking about 5-10 free agents and 15+ draft picks, that's in one year.

Honestly I wish it would happen. It would seriously damage the 49ers as a contender. But it won't.

The Patriots always have 12-15 picks a year. Because they trade so often they stock up on picks and move around and trade them for players like Chad Ochocinco and Albert Haynesworth, when nobody else could afford to make those type of moves.

If the 49ers are smart they will follow the Pats lead and trade picks away for future higher draft picks. They just might be smart enough to do it.

The Patriots always have 12-15 picks a year. Because they trade so often they stock up on picks and move around and trade them for players like Chad Ochocinco when nobody else could afford to make those type of moves.

If the 49ers are smart they will follow the Pats lead and trade picks away for future higher draft picks. They just might be smart enough to do it.

I assume they will. Or move up in the draft for a high pick. Or move the picks for a veteran like Revis. But it'll be something. They won't draft 15 players this year.

The Packers used to do something similar back in the 90's with qb's, and Andy Reid does it as well. They take qb's give the league the impression that they can play in the league then they trade these guys they drafted in the 5th and 6th round for 1-2-or3rd round picks.

I wish we did something like that, but I am not going to complain with as well as we have been doing.

With a bit of luck Harbaugh and co will make a real hash of it and draft the sorriest collection of bums this side of the Golden Gate Bridge! :9:

Me neither. I do not think there is such a rule.

Haven't been able to confirm the rule exist and I didn't state it as fact. However, the point is moot because SF doesn't have 15 roster spots or even 10 open so they have to do something with them anyways.

Listening to everyone on here, you'd think he was pkaying God. Personally, I don't sweat Revis. He can be thrown on like anyone else.

Agreed. 2 yrs ago, he literally couldn't be thrown on and was worth whatever he wanted. Since, he had tried to get a pay increase twice without the performance he showed early on. I'm over him...

Listening to everyone on here, you'd think he was pkaying God. Personally, I don't sweat Revis. He can be thrown on like anyone else.

The upgrade of Darrelle Revis over Chris Culliver might be one of the most stark in NFL history

They tried to sign Brees, twice before 2012. HE turned down both contracts.

Drew's agent is Tom Condon, the same agent that has represented Payton Manning since he entered the league. How many times did the Colts have to "franchise tag" Payton Manning?

Tom Brady has never hit free agency nor did Payton Manning until the Colts release him, so either Drew is extremely greedy or Mickey failed to do his job when it comes to re-signing him!

The more I think about it, I can't remember a single quarterback in the last decade that was as good as Drew and a team had to franchise tag them. Like it or not it says something about the front office.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom