N/S 49's will have 15 picks in draft (1 Viewer)

if they draft 15 players, we will pick up some off their practice squad

Yeah having a stacked roster + 15 draft picks means they won't be able to sign all those draft picks. What a problem to have.

15 sounds great but there aren't enough roster spots to make use of so many.

If they actually draft 15 players, half won't make the team.

Compensatory picks have not been announced. How did they get to 15?

PFT says the 9ers are going to go hard on getting Revis. I say let the 9ers unload half of those 15 picks just for Revis. I think the Jets would just screw up the picks and the 9ers would get a CB coming off a big knee injury and might not be the same ever.

It doesn't need to be said but it's fun saying it -- Screw both the 9ers and the Jets. I just don't like either of them.

Yeah they don't have anything close to 15 slots on their roster available.

They'll either trade up, trade the picks away for a player, or this draft will have a high "failure" rate because most of the players won't even make the roster.

I have no problem trading up if its for someone we like and are targeting. I actually love that we have an aggressive GM. Nobody would be here complaining if Ingram looked like Doug Martin. He has started slower than expected but still has time to prove his pick. Ellis is another who could have been well worth it. It's not like we have really given up something big to move up.

The 49ers are a good team, but I believe that they already hit there peak last year. I know, it's ridiculous for me to think that, but it's what I truly believe. Even with 15 picks, they still don't scare me.

I have no problem trading up if its for someone we like and are targeting. I actually love that we have an aggressive GM. Nobody would be here complaining if Ingram looked like Doug Martin. He has started slower than expected but still has time to prove his pick. Ellis is another who could have been well worth it. It's not like we have really given up something big to move up.

Sed Ellis was a trade up I'd do again. Maybe not for Sed Ellis himself, though he has been a decent player at least for us some years, but the general concept itself. It was one of the few opportunities we had to move into the top ten and get a big impact defensive lineman. You have to take that chance. That it didn't pan out to the extent we'd wish or intended doesn't change the overall concept.

Ingram was a bit different. Running Backs just don't carry the cache they used too. Trading up into the first for one is a sketchy proposition in my opinion now. I don't remember if I liked the move or not then, but if I did I was basking in the glow of Loomis/Payton's past brilliance. Trading up for a running back, particularly given our success with UDFA RBs, was a bad move.

Sed Ellis was a trade up I'd do again. Maybe not for Sed Ellis himself, though he has been a decent player at least for us some years, but the general concept itself. It was one of the few opportunities we had to move into the top ten and get a big impact defensive lineman. You have to take that chance. That it didn't pan out to the extent we'd wish or intended doesn't change the overall concept.

Ingram was a bit different. Running Backs just don't carry the cache they used too. Trading up into the first for one is a sketchy proposition in my opinion now. I don't remember if I liked the move or not then, but if I did I was basking in the glow of Loomis/Payton's past brilliance. Trading up for a running back, particularly given our success with UDFA RBs, was a bad move.
I was excited about trading back into the 1st for Ingram bc I did not like the Cam Jordan pick. I felt like Ingram was drooled over by SP and co. so much that we should have drafted him with our 1st. Also, Jordan never wowed me and he has yet to completely win me over. However, these days, I believe the Jordan pick was solid and the Ingram pick was a waste.

Was just watching a video on ESPN about the 49's trading A. Smith to the Chiefs & with the picks they get in return, plus their compensatory picks (which can't be traded) they will have a total of 15 picks to wheel & deal... that's like a hole nother offense or defense & some special team players thrown in, how they heck does that happen??

I'm guess we get like 5 this coming draft, if that many?? Man, the rich just keep get'en richer....

link to video
NFL Live OT: Good Move For Both Teams - ESPN Video - ESPN

Where are they going to get the cap space to sign 15 picks? Debartolo already went to jail once for that kind of fraud.

Where are they going to get the cap space to sign 15 picks? Debartolo already went to jail once for that kind of fraud.

Cap space isn't the issue. Draft picks are cheap. It's roster spots.

You can have only 53 players on your roster. Are you really going to turn over 30% of a Super Bowl appearing team with rookies? That's insane.

They'll be trading some of those picks, or cutting many of them in training camp.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom