N/S A different side to the Michael Crabtree Story? (1 Viewer)

Which now brings up another interesting situation.

As we all know, Agents are strictly prohibited from contact with prospects in college. But what if a "personality or celebrity" befriends the prospect and has ties to a certain agent. Thats coersion. The money, gifts, cars etc dont come directly from the agent, so everyone is safe. If loophole has been found, and I would not be at all surprised to see the NFL in the next year or so, investigate and clamp down. It wouldnt surprise me one bit if Deion is acting on behalf of Parker in these situations with the purpose of securing the prospect when they declare for the draft.

I cant stand Deion. He is a hypocrit and a cheat. Puts on this aura of saintly-ness, but has one true agenda, the advancement of Deion. I hope this all comes out.

I think you hit this right on the head. Crabtree, frankly, needs man up, fire his agent, sign a deal with the 49'ers, pay off his debts, work his butt off for the next 5 years, then really get paid the money he thinks he has coming to him. In other words, take whatever good fortune you can still get now, and earn your next good fortune.

I think Crabtree knows that he will not or never be a star in the NFL, so he is trying to get the most money while he can.

All the warning signs were there about this guy thinking he was bigger than the game, and he has only proved it over and over again.

I have no remorse for this kid, and i hope he doesn't sign because at this point he won't do the 9'ers any good. I don't hate the 9'ers like i used too and i actually like what they have done with their team and their coach. They won't tolerate a DIVA like Cashtree and i applaud them for it.

Cashtree will NOT be a top 10 pick next year and he won't be able to attend the combine or work out for any other teams before the draft or once again the 9'ers can file tampering charges against any team that works him out. The kid is a MORON!! Plain and Simple, $16 million dollars and he's not happy, go screw yourself kid!

The OP's story is the first thing that popped into my mind when I heard about Dez Bryant's suspension. Not saying it's all 100% accurate, but definately a bit more believable.

I've never liked Deion Sanders, and I don't doubt that he would possibly be involved in something like this. Hopefully, Crabtree can do like everyone on this board has suggested, and realize that he's not legally bound to Deion for anything. If this story is true, it's a crying shame that he would let this ruin things for him. If he doesn't sign now, things are only gonna get worse for him. I say all of this.....assuming.....that this story is true. Only time may tell......

The OP's story is the first thing that popped into my mind when I heard about Dez Bryant's suspension. Not saying it's all 100% accurate, but definately a bit more believable.

I think that part of the OP's story about Deion being invovled with Crabtree is believable, and probably somewhat factual. It's the part about Crabtree holding out because he needed more money to repay Deion that was a stretch IMO.

Does anyone else look at this kid and see...

MEshawn Johnson
or
Terrell "Gimme da ball cause I'm better than you" Owens

Part Deaux?

Regardless of why Crabtree has recognized the error of what he is done by signing yesterday. Deon is tied up in the whole Dez Bryant Oklahoma State suspension as well, for similar involvement with a college player. Any financial adviser would at least clue in Crabtree the time value of money and realize the value of a multi million dollar signing bonus in 2009 versus 2010. Crabtree tired to buck a system of slotting that is so much bigger than him or Deon and failed. I for one am glad all this happened because it makes a great argument for the player's union restructuring what rookies make versus veterans. All of this focus on top five versus top ten slotting is crazy and maybe after 2010 it will be over.

Crabtree=Mike Williams

There's a guy who went from the penthouse to the outhouse in a real hurry! Crabtree can't help the 49'ers beat the Falcons this week, so what's the point?

Well i for one am looking forward to seeing him play, I think he and the 49ers are a good fit, I think Singletary will take no crap from him and he will make Crabtree a great player..glad it all over and we can get back to football...

On NFLN this morning, Deion claimed that he doesn't give college players money. "Why would I do that? That's not what I'm doing."

He also claims that he has never benefitted financially from the activities of his agent (Eugene Parker) as they relate to his representation of young players.

Last edited:
assuming this is true, then this is probably why Dez Bryant is suspended for the year... Bryant lied to the NCAA, and then Deon came behind his back and admitted that they'd spent a lot of time together...

Deon's screwing EVERYBODY over trying to get them to sign with his agent

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom