N/S A different side to the Michael Crabtree Story? (1 Viewer)

"poor kid" was driving a brand new black bmw coupe on like black 40 inch racing wheels when i seen him in "hey rookie,welcome to the nfl" (title may not be excatly correct) and his pad and hood didnt look to shabby either...where do these kids get the money for these cars and jewels before they earn a penny of nfl money?? i remember seein the watch on dorsey's wrist BEFORE the draft and couldnt do a thing but let out a whistle
I think they get loans from their agents. I'm not sure though.

I do know Devine stayed with Deion for awhile, but Devine ended up stealing his car, taking it to the airport, and catching a flight back to Florida.

Now that's funny....

From what I understand, Crabtree's parents are very successful personal trainers (personal trainers to the rich). He's not a broke kid from Texas . The story sounds fishy to me. Is deion making money on this? charging interest? If there is no contract then he can get bent...and crabtree's agent knows this even if crabtree doesn't. I chose to Sell this story.

Before I even post this I am going to preface it by saying this is all word of mouth from a friend from Dallas who claims that he is friends with Michael Crabtree (I don't have any reason not to believe him.).

Alright, so I was in the dorm room and playing Madden with one of my friends while and talking football. He was the 49ers and I was the Saints and he lofts a ball up to Crabtree and Crabtree just snags it right over Sharper and Jabari Greer. I was really mad and was like you are lucky that you don't have the updated rosters Crabtree isn't even on the 49ers anymore. Then we got to talking about the Michael Crabtree contract situation.

He said that it's not all Crabtree's fault that he has not signed. He said that he grew up with Crabtree and they are still good friends. He told me that when Crabtree signed with Texas Tech as a freshman that Deion Sanders took a huge interest in his life and sort of became a father figure. He told me how Deion would take Crabtree off on expensive shopping trips buying him clothes and jewelry and that Deion had even bought Michael a truck with 24 inch rims.

He then said that Michael had broke his foot before the 2008 college, but didn't notify anyone because he didn't want to have to sit out the season. He said this eventually led to the stress fracture in his foot after the season.

He then said that Deion guaranteed Crabtree that he would be a top 5 pick because he had some "inside source" and this influenced Crabtree to declare for the draft and leave college behind. After the stress fracture ruined his chances to perform in the offseason Crabtree's stock dropped from the top 5 pick that Deion had predicted to the 10th overall pick in San Fransisco.

This is where it gets kind of bad. He then told me that the second after Crabtree got drafted Deion started demanding repayment for all the time that he invested in Crabtree and all the things that he bought him. He then said that Michael wouldn't be able to pay back Deion fully and still be able to live comfortably (which I doubt seriously) because of the way the 49ers were structuring his deal. This is where Michael's agent started to play hardball and say that Michael would sit out the whole year if the contract offer didn't up. Then Crabtree went on and told his Cousin that his agent was using these tactics and that his Cousin was the "anonymous" source that tipped the media to the whole sitting out the year thing.

Now he said Michael is depressed at the rap he is getting and is way too embarrassed to say anything to the 49ers, so a deal to the 49ers is extremely unlikely. He said Michael is just a poor kid from Texas whose crowd is the one bringing him down.

He also said that Crabtree said that Deion is doing the same exact thing to Noel Devine, so we may see a future situation like this again with Noel.

Like I said before it was a really long and detailed story and I don't have any reason to doubt the guy. He doesn't seem like the guy that would just shoot the bull for an hour about this. I know the resounding "Who Cares" on this board.. but I thought it was worth sharing.

No he was not the Janitor.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Don't know if it is factual but consider that Sanders and Crabtree have the same agent- Eugene Parker. Old Neon may have been taking care of Crabtree in school to lure him to sign with Parker.

Don't know if it is factual but consider that Sanders and Crabtree have the same agent- Eugene Parker. Old Neon may have been taking care of Crabtree in school to lure him to sign with Parker.

Which now brings up another interesting situation.

As we all know, Agents are strictly prohibited from contact with prospects in college. But what if a "personality or celebrity" befriends the prospect and has ties to a certain agent. Thats coersion. The money, gifts, cars etc dont come directly from the agent, so everyone is safe. If loophole has been found, and I would not be at all surprised to see the NFL in the next year or so, investigate and clamp down. It wouldnt surprise me one bit if Deion is acting on behalf of Parker in these situations with the purpose of securing the prospect when they declare for the draft.

I cant stand Deion. He is a hypocrit and a cheat. Puts on this aura of saintly-ness, but has one true agenda, the advancement of Deion. I hope this all comes out.

And if Crabtree thinks he's depressed now, wait until he is drafted in the mid 20's next year and loses millions of dollars.

After a full year off football nobody is going to even draft him in the top 20. So I'm sorry I still fail to see any logic in his decision to sit out a whole year, because 1, he hasn't/won't get paid at all this year and 2, the contract he's offered next year will be even worse than what SF is offering now.

That's nice.

Here's reality. Many of us were poor college kids at some point. Some of us still are. Even if what you said is true, no one forced Crabface to take whatever was offerred to him. (I'm pretty sure I survived w/out a truck w/rims) Even if he has to pay those things back, there's still no reason to not sign with the team that drafted him. None. "He wouldn't be able to live comfortably" with the current deal + paying Deon back
is just rediculous.

This kid is a moron. A talented moron.

I hope he goes undrafted next year after getting out of shape, gets cut by whoever signs him as a FA, and then wrecks his vespa into Charles Rogers while they're both high.

That's nice.

Here's reality. Many of us were poor college kids at some point. Some of us still are. Even if what you said is true, no one forced Crabface to take whatever was offerred to him. (I'm pretty sure I survived w/out a truck w/rims) Even if he has to pay those things back, there's still no reason to not sign with the team that drafted him. None. "He wouldn't be able to live comfortably" with the current deal + paying Deon back
is just rediculous.

This kid is a moron. A talented moron.

I hope he goes undrafted next year after getting out of shape, gets cut by whoever signs him as a FA, and then wrecks his vespa into Charles Rogers while they're both high.

Win. lol.

I bet deon has a contract, he just hasnt filed it yet, and this still doesnt explain why he didnt sign. bo jackson did this , how did that work out?

Not saying the guy is lying, but I dont get that. He pays Deion back 100,000 and still has 5 million to live off of?

And if Crabtree thinks he's depressed now, wait until he is drafted in the mid 20's next year and loses millions of dollars.

I was thinking the same thing. It simply does not add up. Plus Crabtree can just tell Dieon to go screw himself. If he did not sign anything saying that he would pay Dieon back then they were gifts and Dieon has no recourse.

It simply does not add up that he is throwing away millions because Deion wants his money

T

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom