N/S A different side to the Michael Crabtree Story? (1 Viewer)

Which now brings up another interesting situation.

As we all know, Agents are strictly prohibited from contact with prospects in college. But what if a "personality or celebrity" befriends the prospect and has ties to a certain agent. Thats coersion. The money, gifts, cars etc dont come directly from the agent, so everyone is safe. If loophole has been found, and I would not be at all surprised to see the NFL in the next year or so, investigate and clamp down. It wouldnt surprise me one bit if Deion is acting on behalf of Parker in these situations with the purpose of securing the prospect when they declare for the draft.

I cant stand Deion. He is a hypocrit and a cheat. Puts on this aura of saintly-ness, but has one true agenda, the advancement of Deion. I hope this all comes out.

well this could very well be the case. If so the crabtree needs to get a freaking brain, drop his agent and hire rousenhouse who will spin this in crabtrees favor, get him signed and tell Parker and Deion to get bent. If they complain about it then get the NFL to investigate with crabtree helping them

Either way Crabtree is a freaking moron.

T

I do know Devine stayed with Deion for awhile, but Devine ended up stealing his car, taking it to the airport, and catching a flight back to Florida.
Sounds very weird.

You lost me a Deon, My mama always told me and I tell my kids " Birds of a feather flock together". An young annoying Primadonna hanging with a old annoying Primadonna. That story has so many holes in it I would encouraged you to come to me with something more beleiveable but I don't think I'd ever feel sorry for "Cashtree". I am sure he doesn't owe Deon Sanders 20 million dollars. There was a reason he feel to the 10th spot because he was scouted as having a "Big Head" . If you remember during the draft he starting fist pumping when Oakland took Heywoood Bay b/c he didn't want to go to Oakland then he should be willing to except the money slotted for his draft spot. You can't have it both way. I just hope that he drops to the second round if he goes to next years draft and see how he reacts to that.

Devine wont have to worry about that...he will not be drafted until at best late 3rd round

I think its more likely that the contract with his agent has clauses that make sure his agent gets paid an exorbitant fee, even if he fires him.

His agent is certainly screwing with him.

Most likely the way the incentives are laid out by the 49ers are preventing his agent from extracting the maximum commission and he is hindering the deal.

Either way Crabtree may some foolish mistakes in not signing.

Certainly its already too late as any 49ers GM would have already pulled their best deal off the table when he no showed the whole Preseason.

I really don't think that Crabtree have not signed because he owes money to Sanders. Makes no sense at all. What we know is that Crabtree has a close relation to Sanders and also other people are "helping" him with his decisions.

Another thing we know is that Parker wanted him to sign, and it make sense. I think that the niners still want him, but for next year, not this. Crabtree won't be a difference maker this year, knowing Singletary, he won't give him the star treatment, and financially, they can pay him the same salary for starting next year, not half of this.

Now, as I previously wrote, the NFL shouldn't be happy that one of his employees is the alleged center of a tampering case. I am sure the head of the NFLNetwork and even maybe the Commisioner have talked already to Sanders and ask him to back-off in everything regarding Crabtree and other players.

I would like to see an interview on NFLNetwork with Sanders regarding Crabtree, where Deion is asked about how close his relation is with the guy, and his financial involvement, but I know, it won't happen.

This story sounds like a "pitty me" made up by Crabtree or someone trying to make you feel sorry for him. Either way, I didn't get any free things from anyone in college and I was never offered millions. Screw him. He is mentally challenged for not signing. The 49ers are doing well and he SHOULD be embarrassed for sitting out the year.

His real only claim to fame is the Texas game, right? aside from that, he's another good receiver among millions, neh?
icon_neutral.gif

Or the fact that he was the first Freshman and first back-to-back Bilitnikoff award winner.......but yeah that Texas game.

His real only claim to fame is the Texas game, right? aside from that, he's another good receiver among millions, neh?
icon_neutral.gif

You really need to see his highlight film... the guy is a one in a million beast!! All the physical tools and crazy glue hands!! I was looking forward to his NFL career .. I have been touting his talent since the beginning of the college season last year and I think he was the best player in last years draft...

However .... this whole holdout thing is absolutely ridiculous !!!!! Crabtree has the power to sign whenever he wants .. he is CHOOSING to follow the advice of his idiot representatives...

Dion Sanders has nothing to do with this holdout.... it has everything to do with Michael Crabtree being as stupid (or stupider) than his agent......

Both Crabtree and his idiot agent will end up on the bad side of whatever deal they finally sign..... they will lose MILLIONS!!!

Stupid is as stupid does............

Which now brings up another interesting situation.

As we all know, Agents are strictly prohibited from contact with prospects in college. But what if a "personality or celebrity" befriends the prospect and has ties to a certain agent. Thats coersion. The money, gifts, cars etc dont come directly from the agent, so everyone is safe. If loophole has been found, and I would not be at all surprised to see the NFL in the next year or so, investigate and clamp down. It wouldnt surprise me one bit if Deion is acting on behalf of Parker in these situations with the purpose of securing the prospect when they declare for the draft.

I cant stand Deion. He is a hypocrit and a cheat. Puts on this aura of saintly-ness, but has one true agenda, the advancement of Deion. I hope this all comes out.

Hah, that would make Sanders a "runner." Some lawyers use runners to help them sign clients. What is funny is when a runner files a lawsuit claiming that the attorney screwed him out of his fee for running cases. I think that typically the judge will toss the case out on the grounds that they will not enforce a contract to do something illegal.

But anyway, even if any of this is true the kid is still stupid for letting Sanders control his life. There is absolutely no reason for that. IMO, if the kid was to pay Sanders back at all it should be on his terms. Sanders would not want to play this out publicly, so there is not much, if anything he could do. It sounds like BS to me.

If the truck and the other things that Deon bought Crabtree were gifts, and Crabtree didn't sign anything saying that he'd pay Deon back, then legally he doesn't owe Deon ****. I don't understand why Crabtree would feel forced to pay Deon back. This doesn't sound right at all. Maybe Deon has ties to some mafia guys in Dallas or something, and is threatening to break Crabtree's legs or saw off some fingers, but I doubt that. This just doesn't make sense. Sounds like an excuse for one of the stupidest financial moves ever made by pro football player.

Before I even post this I am going to preface it by saying this is all word of mouth from a friend from Dallas who claims that he is friends with Michael Crabtree (I don't have any reason not to believe him.).

Alright, so I was in the dorm room and playing Madden with one of my friends while and talking football. He was the 49ers and I was the Saints and he lofts a ball up to Crabtree and Crabtree just snags it right over Sharper and Jabari Greer. I was really mad and was like you are lucky that you don't have the updated rosters Crabtree isn't even on the 49ers anymore. Then we got to talking about the Michael Crabtree contract situation.

He said that it's not all Crabtree's fault that he has not signed. He said that he grew up with Crabtree and they are still good friends. He told me that when Crabtree signed with Texas Tech as a freshman that Deion Sanders took a huge interest in his life and sort of became a father figure. He told me how Deion would take Crabtree off on expensive shopping trips buying him clothes and jewelry and that Deion had even bought Michael a truck with 24 inch rims.

He then said that Michael had broke his foot before the 2008 college, but didn't notify anyone because he didn't want to have to sit out the season. He said this eventually led to the stress fracture in his foot after the season.

He then said that Deion guaranteed Crabtree that he would be a top 5 pick because he had some "inside source" and this influenced Crabtree to declare for the draft and leave college behind. After the stress fracture ruined his chances to perform in the offseason Crabtree's stock dropped from the top 5 pick that Deion had predicted to the 10th overall pick in San Fransisco.

This is where it gets kind of bad. He then told me that the second after Crabtree got drafted Deion started demanding repayment for all the time that he invested in Crabtree and all the things that he bought him. He then said that Michael wouldn't be able to pay back Deion fully and still be able to live comfortably (which I doubt seriously) because of the way the 49ers were structuring his deal. This is where Michael's agent started to play hardball and say that Michael would sit out the whole year if the contract offer didn't up. Then Crabtree went on and told his Cousin that his agent was using these tactics and that his Cousin was the "anonymous" source that tipped the media to the whole sitting out the year thing.

Now he said Michael is depressed at the rap he is getting and is way too embarrassed to say anything to the 49ers, so a deal to the 49ers is extremely unlikely. He said Michael is just a poor kid from Texas whose crowd is the one bringing him down.

He also said that Crabtree said that Deion is doing the same exact thing to Noel Devine, so we may see a future situation like this again with Noel.

Like I said before it was a really long and detailed story and I don't have any reason to doubt the guy. He doesn't seem like the guy that would just shoot the bull for an hour about this. I know the resounding "Who Cares" on this board.. but I thought it was worth sharing.

No he was not the Janitor.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

That really doesn't make much sense. First, how much money could Deion have possibly given Crabtree? The contract he was offered had $16 million guaranteed. And if the whole calculus is based on whether he can pay Deion back - and $16 million ain't enough - both Crabtree and Deion are in serious trouble. Second, it would be very risky for Deion to get so intricately involved with a draftee. Goodell has been laying down the hardline in many areas and Deion could seriously face losing everything that he has built as an NFL commentator. He wouldn't be able to work the NFLN, or any of the league-covering networks. He would have to go work for somebody like TSN or Yahoo - and Deion has got to know this. It just doesn't add up.

Deion's involvement may be a component of the bigger picture. But the reality is that Crabtree (and his handlers, including his family and his agent) believe that he should be paid more than what the 49ers were willing to pay him. That's the driving factor behind this, and they think he's going to get just as much (with a different team) or even more (if he gets drafted higher next year).

They are very wrong. He may ultimately get on the field in the NFL, but it will have cost him millions. This is going to end up being a very good illustration of "What not to do."

That story doesn't ring true to me. Bottom line is that Crabtree, although still a young man, is an adult, and the decision to sign or not sign with the 49ers for however many millions they've offered him is his and only his. Everyone knows this stunt will cost him milliions if he sits out all year, and somwhere downt he line, he's gonna kick himself hard for being this stupid.

The why doesn't he just take the contract at hand and deal with it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom