N/S A different side to the Michael Crabtree Story? (1 Viewer)

SimpTown

Dan Mullen 2 Mr.Nutt 0
Reaction score
Before I even post this I am going to preface it by saying this is all word of mouth from a friend from Dallas who claims that he is friends with Michael Crabtree (I don't have any reason not to believe him.).

Alright, so I was in the dorm room and playing Madden with one of my friends while and talking football. He was the 49ers and I was the Saints and he lofts a ball up to Crabtree and Crabtree just snags it right over Sharper and Jabari Greer. I was really mad and was like you are lucky that you don't have the updated rosters Crabtree isn't even on the 49ers anymore. Then we got to talking about the Michael Crabtree contract situation.

He said that it's not all Crabtree's fault that he has not signed. He said that he grew up with Crabtree and they are still good friends. He told me that when Crabtree signed with Texas Tech as a freshman that Deion Sanders took a huge interest in his life and sort of became a father figure. He told me how Deion would take Crabtree off on expensive shopping trips buying him clothes and jewelry and that Deion had even bought Michael a truck with 24 inch rims.

He then said that Michael had broke his foot before the 2008 college, but didn't notify anyone because he didn't want to have to sit out the season. He said this eventually led to the stress fracture in his foot after the season.

He then said that Deion guaranteed Crabtree that he would be a top 5 pick because he had some "inside source" and this influenced Crabtree to declare for the draft and leave college behind. After the stress fracture ruined his chances to perform in the offseason Crabtree's stock dropped from the top 5 pick that Deion had predicted to the 10th overall pick in San Fransisco.

This is where it gets kind of bad. He then told me that the second after Crabtree got drafted Deion started demanding repayment for all the time that he invested in Crabtree and all the things that he bought him. He then said that Michael wouldn't be able to pay back Deion fully and still be able to live comfortably (which I doubt seriously) because of the way the 49ers were structuring his deal. This is where Michael's agent started to play hardball and say that Michael would sit out the whole year if the contract offer didn't up. Then Crabtree went on and told his Cousin that his agent was using these tactics and that his Cousin was the "anonymous" source that tipped the media to the whole sitting out the year thing.

Now he said Michael is depressed at the rap he is getting and is way too embarrassed to say anything to the 49ers, so a deal to the 49ers is extremely unlikely. He said Michael is just a poor kid from Texas whose crowd is the one bringing him down.

He also said that Crabtree said that Deion is doing the same exact thing to Noel Devine, so we may see a future situation like this again with Noel.

Like I said before it was a really long and detailed story and I don't have any reason to doubt the guy. He doesn't seem like the guy that would just shoot the bull for an hour about this. I know the resounding "Who Cares" on this board.. but I thought it was worth sharing.

No he was not the Janitor.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

He then said that Michael wouldn't be able to pay back Deion fully and still be able to live comfortably (which I doubt seriously) because of the way the 49ers were structuring his deal

Not saying the guy is lying, but I dont get that. He pays Deion back 100,000 and still has 5 million to live off of?

And if Crabtree thinks he's depressed now, wait until he is drafted in the mid 20's next year and loses millions of dollars.

here is the thing i would say to this. I would think that because everything would be under the table, crabtree can tell deion to go "blank" himself and then go to the niners and get a contract done.

In my own opinion, I hate deion, so I want to believe this so i can hate him even more. lol.

here is the thing i would say to this. I would think that because everything would be under the table, crabtree can tell deion to go "blank" himself and then go to the niners and get a contract done.

In my own opinion, I hate deion, so I want to believe this so i can hate him even more. lol.

Maybe Deion threatened to Tonya Harding him. But really, if Deion was smart, he would of waited till after Crabtree was signed, not before, to demand his money back. LOL

I do know Devine stayed with Deion for awhile, but Devine ended up stealing his car, taking it to the airport, and catching a flight back to Florida.

Sorry, but I just had to stop reading right after: "and Crabtree just snags it right over Sharper and Jabari Greer."

You obviously hadn't played Madden then... some of the things they let "star" receivers get away with is ridiculous. Catches that can only be made on a video game.

It's still a poor excuse to not sign. His signing bonus alone will more than pay Deion back and if is letting this get him depressed, then he needs to toughen up. Sign, pay your bills, catch TDs. Is it really that hard for a broke Texas boy to sign on the dotted line a contract that will make you an instant millionaire with many more millions to come?

retthib;2293160 And if Crabtree thinks he's depressed now said:
This is the thing....he is got to understand that there is no way he is drafted higher then where he got drafted this year....especially not after this. His best bet is to throw his pride out the window and sign, because if not he will lose millions.

In my own opinion, I hate deion, so I want to believe this so i can hate him even more. lol.[/QUOTE

Crabtree's agent SUX if he can't convince him to tell Deion to go "blank" himself.

"poor kid" was driving a brand new black bmw coupe on like black 40 inch racing wheels when i seen him in "hey rookie,welcome to the nfl" (title may not be excatly correct) and his pad and hood didnt look to shabby either...where do these kids get the money for these cars and jewels before they earn a penny of nfl money?? i remember seein the watch on dorsey's wrist BEFORE the draft and couldnt do a thing but let out a whistle

His real only claim to fame is the Texas game, right? aside from that, he's another good receiver among millions, neh?
icon_neutral.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom