N/S: A few Vikes' fans have "sour grapes" over Sharper's success (1 Viewer)

Ok so the record for INTs for a season is 14. Who cares and how many bad QBs was that against? 12 INTs for a season has only been done 9 times. He has 275 yards of return yards. That is 1 yard shy of his best year of return yards and it lead the league that year. Thats not the QB but the whole team especially the PHI return for 97 yards. He put some moves on and did not have a clear field for that run back. He is having a great year and yea there will be some games with no INTs at all. That happens. That doesn't take away from his skills. Greg Williams has how many D schemes? Ithink it is up to 28 now. Sour grapes

They have a point.

Week 1 Rookie QB
Week 2 Scrub QB
Week 3 Edwards QB
Week 4 Rookie QB

I think that the Giants will be a good test if Manning plays.

I saw a thread on the Giants forum saying that Sharper owns Manning and has had great games vs. him. So Gotta wait til another QB.

Brady is coming off his injury...

They'll have an excuse for every QB.

Just worry how Sharper plays and not the opponent.

although i disagree with the vikings statements about sharper, i am anxious to see how sharper plays against some veteran QB's. It seems that alot of his INT's have been from QB's staring down recievers, something that veterans would seem to do less of. I think this next game will tell us alot about Sharper and our defense as a whole.

All that is needed is to ask ourselves....would Josh B or Kevin K made these plays?

Nope. I can remember last year in several games, at critical times...the opposing QB's would hit them square in the hands and they could never hold on.

So the argument is weak that we haven't faced elite or whatever. The fact is that if had someone else plugged in to Sharper's spot without his skill and most importantly, veteran instincts, these plays aren't made.

Sharper is the man.

You know, I agree that you can't fully judge a defense until they face some elite competition - I said the same thing myself yesterday.

However, that doesn't mean you throw out the results against lesser competition. Winning in the NFL is about winning against whoever you are playing. Teams are going to face average competition more often that elite competion, so what teams do and what players do against that competition IS important.

There are other safeties aside from Darren Sharper that have faced mostly mediocre or inexperienced QBs thus far this year. How many of them have 5 picks with 2 returned for TDs? Tempering praise makes sense, to a point, but success is still success... especially in the NFL.

Agreed 100% too many times people will just throw everything out because of one reason or another....

Who have the vikings played again? They would have lost to the Jets.

although i disagree with the vikings statements about sharper, i am anxious to see how sharper plays against some veteran QB's. It seems that alot of his INT's have been from QB's staring down recievers, something that veterans would seem to do less of. I think this next game will tell us alot about Sharper and our defense as a whole.

Fair enough. :scratch:

:gosaints:

So is this guy basically saying the QBs of the Browns, Lions, Niners and Packers ARE elite? I'd say Rodgers is the better of the 4, but elite..no. So, who have they really faced this season??? Like I said two weeks ago before the Philly game, no matter what we do or who we defeat, it will never be good enough. There will always be one excuse after another coming out of the mouths of those who have a difficult time accepting the fact that OUR team is a pretty damn good team. All I have to say to that is it's their problem.

The people waiting for the Saints to face an elite QB this season are going to be disappointed. On our remaining schedule, we've got Manning, Brady, Ryan, Miami's wildcat, a rookie in TB, Delhomme, Boller in STL, Romo, and Campbell.
Besides Brady and Manning, well, you tell me. Remember, we're talking about elite. :shrug:

This is a good point and it could go for all NFL defenses. If you want to measure a defense only against "elite" QB's, you'd have to play the Saints, Patriots, or the Colts every week.

Sharper > Vikings entire secondary.

Ever heard of Antoine Winfield?

They have a point.

Week 1 Rookie QB
Week 2 Scrub QB
Week 3 Edwards QB
Week 4 Rookie QB

Well we still get Delhomme twice, whatever Bucs QB is the flavor of the week twice, Chad Henne, Tony Romo, Jason Campbell, and whoever starts for the Rams.

As long as Sharper keeps feasting on mistake prone QB's we'll coast into the playoffs with homefield.

Even Brees said Sharper is the one db he has yet to figure out. He is allowed to freelance in our system, kind of like Ed Reed, except Sharper is more of a complete safety. We just really lucked out landing Sharper along with Williams.

Of course if he wasn't allowed to freelance as much and was in gibbs scheme he might not have the great stats he has but hed still be a good safety.

They have a point.

Week 1 Rookie QB
Week 2 Scrub QB
Week 3 Edwards QB
Week 4 Rookie QB

Both rookies are the real deal.

Kolb is tearing up the league.

Edwards is a good QB

I wish we could meet the Vikings in the NFCCG, intercepting Favre 5 times, and forcing him to really retire.

yeah, I would love to see Sharper feast on FAVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom