N/S: A few Vikes' fans have "sour grapes" over Sharper's success (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Not all of 'em, but some of these guys are throwing a wet blanket over Sharper's success. :jpshakehead:

I present the following examples of "excellence in football analysis:"

Once teams start figuring out the Saints Cover 1 or more defenders get dinged up and Sharper has to cover more ground, the hype over Sharper will evaporate.

...let's see him make a play against Peyton, Brady, Brett or any other vet QB and let's see that Saint's d stop an experienced team before we give them too much credit at this point.

http://rubechat.kfan.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=62476

Anyway, it's amazing that some people can't say something like: "Good for him."

:gosaints:

*shrug*

Let'em think whatever they like. At the end of the year though, we should revisit all of these threads and go on a bit of a forum raid. :)

They have a point.

Week 1 Rookie QB
Week 2 Scrub QB
Week 3 Edwards QB
Week 4 Rookie QB

I think that the Giants will be a good test if Manning plays.

You know, I agree that you can't fully judge a defense until they face some elite competition - I said the same thing myself yesterday.

However, that doesn't mean you throw out the results against lesser competition. Winning in the NFL is about winning against whoever you are playing. Teams are going to face average competition more often that elite competion, so what teams do and what players do against that competition IS important.

There are other safeties aside from Darren Sharper that have faced mostly mediocre or inexperienced QBs thus far this year. How many of them have 5 picks with 2 returned for TDs? Tempering praise makes sense, to a point, but success is still success... especially in the NFL.

Figure out the cover 1? Do they know how many packages we have?

Get over it, Vikes fans. You clearly wasted one of the best safeties in the league. One INT all of last year, and now he's averaging over 1 every game, and almost half of those are TD's.

They have a point.

Week 1 Rookie QB
Week 2 Scrub QB
Week 3 Edwards QB
Week 4 Rookie QB

I hear you, and am not bashing you, BUT why didn't every other safety or entire defense have the same results against these QBs?

Think about it......

Last edited:
They have a point.

Week 1 Rookie QB
Week 2 Scrub QB
Week 3 Edwards QB
Week 4 Rookie QB

Kolb is no scrub. In fact he will end up driving McNabb out of town.

Get over it, Vikes fans. You clearly wasted one of the best safeties in the league. One INT all of last year, and now he's averaging over 1 every game, and almost half of those are TD's.

Obviously the Vikings managed to only play against elite quarterbacks last season.

Basically, their argument is:

He might be awesome now. And he might be awesome later in the season. But let's see how awesome he is once he stops being so awesome.

Pretty accurate summation.

Actually when you really think about it, if teams couldn't figure out the Cover 1 defense they should head back to middle school or playground football. In the world of not so good observations, that one stacks up in the top-15 at worst.

...let's see him make a play against Peyton, Brady, Brett or any other vet QB and let's see that Saint's d stop an experienced team before we give them too much credit at this point.
Dude needs to shut up. Brett Favre is hardly a QB the Saints would have trouble against. By mid season that old piece of garbage will be turning the ball over and cost the Vikings, just like he cost the Jets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom