N/S: Aaron Rodgers (1 Viewer)

I think you have hit on the reason there is bitterness for Rodgers on this forum. It's mostly just because Brees hasn't gotten proper respect. If Brees was more acknowledged SR would not have as much of a grudge against Rodgers.

This is a story all over the sports media as well.

He's only got 10 comeback victories in his career.

By comparison, Brees has 40. I think P. Manning had 56. Some of that could be the Packers not playing from behind as much? But that's still a huge gulf.

And just the eye test tells you he's not good when he's down if you watch the Packers. Why is debatable I guess. But I think his unwillingness to take more risks is the issue. Some will say that's smart but at some point you've got to try to fit balls in tight windows to make something happen.

Not sure exactly what come from behind stat you're quoting, but fourth quarter comebacks is very telling. Here's the active QBs and their career rankings:
Peyton: 45 (1st)
Brady: 37 (2nd)
Eli: 29 (T8th)
Big Ben and Brees: 27 (T10th)
Romo: 25 (14th)
Matt Ryan: 24 (T15th)
Other active QBs ahead of Rodgers: Rivers, Cutler, Palmer, Stafford, Flacco, Hasselbeck, Alex Smith, Russell Wilson, Vick, Dalton, Luck, Cam Newton, Schaub
Aaron Rodgers & Sanchez: 10 (T103rd)

NFL Career Fourth Quarter Comebacks Leaders (since 1960) | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom