N/S add that to Chargers misery (1 Viewer)

oldJC.SAINTS

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If you think we've been hit hard by Injury look at Chargers

Lost for the year:

Their best WR Keenan Allen, their #2 WR Steve Johnson, their Backup/3rd down back Woodhead Danny, their starting MLB Te'o Manti...

Now, you can add their starting CB Verett to the list :(

Chargers corner Jason Verrett (ACL) to miss season - NFL.com

and their week 4 injury report looked like that :

San Diego Chargers Injuries at NFL.com

Jahleel Addae S Collarbone Did Not Participate In Practice Out
King Dunlap T Illness Did Not Participate In Practice Doubtful
Antonio Gates TE Hamstring Did Not Participate In Practice Doubtful
Orlando Franklin G Back Limited Participation in Practice Questionable
Brandon Flowers CB Concussion Did Not Participate In Practice Out
Joe Barksdale T Foot Did Not Participate In Practice Questionable
Jatavis Brown LB Hamstring Full Participation in Practice Questionable
Joey Bosa DE Hamstring Limited Participation in Practice Out

Clearly we are not the only team with an injury bug, and I just payed attention to the Chargers cause of Verett news, which is a player I liked to watch playing CB.

Hopefully its not the case and we can capitalize on this win, but I think we just finally met an opponent who is more snake bitten than us.

Hopefully its not the case and we can capitalize on this win, but I think we just finally met an opponent who is more snake bitten than us.

I did not mean that it was a reason we won not at all, Verett played against us... I just wanted to highlight that multiple injuries to key players is not only a Saints theme.

Btw, is it me or this year is (just 4 weeks in) crazy for injuries across the league ?

Yeah. We were depleted in our secondary and they had a similar situation with receivers. And both teams had other key injuries scattered about.

Lost for the year:

Their best WR Keenan Allen, their #2 WR Steve Johnson, their Backup/3rd down back Woodhead Danny, their starting MLB Te'o Manti...

Clearly we are not the only team with an injury bug, and I just payed attention to the Chargers cause of Verett news, which is a player I liked to watch playing CB.

Start Derek Carr and Cooper this weekend

With San Diego's stadium tax election coming up in November, it's as if the fates are conspiring to make the Chargers as unsuccessful as possible. Or maybe it's just the usual from the "Spanos Goofs", who are perfectly capable of mismanaging the situation without any help from the football gods. In late August a poll showed only 25% of voters in support of the new stadium tax, and it's not clear if there's been much change since then--especially bearing in mind that under California law a tax increase requires a two-thirds vote to pass.

With San Diego's stadium tax election coming up in November, it's as if the fates are conspiring to make the Chargers as unsuccessful as possible. Or maybe it's just the usual from the "Spanos Goofs", who are perfectly capable of mismanaging the situation without any help from the football gods. In late August a poll showed only 25% of voters in support of the new stadium tax, and it's not clear if there's been much change since then--especially bearing in mind that under California law a tax increase requires a two-thirds vote to pass.

When I was there last weekend, everyone I talked too is sick of the situation. Most said they're refusing the tax increase based on the continuous poor play of the team. During the Saints game, the stadium didn't even look liked it sold out.

The defense has not been good but I think this team is better than they have looked. We had some really close competitive games & just didn't capitalize on in the final moments of each game. Considering all the injuries & young guys that have played- I believe the whole team will start gelling together on all phases & we will go on a good winning streak. Have a little Faith! Who Dat!

They may have a lot of injuries - as many as us it seems - but at least they're fortunate enough to have the injuries spread out among pretty much all position groups. I'd much rather be missing one LB, one OT, one TE, etc. than 6 corners, and what seems like two of every other position injured on the reports.

Lost for the year:

The more stringent rules the NFL places on the players, the more injuries we will see. They no longer let the defensive players play instinctively. Instead they have a million things to cycle through in their head before they even attempt to make a tackle. This leads to half-speed sometimes which leaves the players in an awkward position thus leading to injury.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom