[N/S]After watching some Reggie Bush Highlights (1 Viewer)

d3vanj

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
He just didn't seem to hit the hole as fast as he did last year.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hE-tmbX4Mmc&rel=1&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hE-tmbX4Mmc&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

On all his long rushes he doesn't dance at the line, he just hits the hole and flys through at light speed. Why did he stop doing this? I know he was injured, but I think I only saw him do it a few times this year.
At the beginning of the year before he was injured he just didn't seem to show that explosiveness that made him SO amazing to watch, I hope he has this back next year

Last edited:
That was a great video. It definitely shows that he can play. I don't know if the pressure is getting to him now. Maybe the fact that Deuce went down and they were depending on him to carry the load, he was trying not to get hurt. He needs to get back that quickness. I hope he goes back in the offseason and looks at old game tape. I would like to see Reggie use his speed and run more passing routes rather than little dumpoffs all the time. The Saints should use Reggie like the Bears use Hester except he should line up at RB some times. If he can rediscover that burst of speed he had in 2006, he will be something special.

The Saints are saddled with a 60 mil., running back that is really not a running back. He talked earlier of picking and choosing his battles as far as when to take on contact and when to run to the sidelines, I think KIM was making some of those decisions for him this past year. He thought that since he was Reggie Bush, that he would automatically be given the throne just for showing up. After watching PT run with such heart and hunger, it just reassures me that RB is not even close to being worth the cap space and the attempt to build an offense around him. We should trade asap , pick up defensive players with the savings ,real blood & guts types like Jacob Hester --- the offense looked pretty good (better)without him but we are paying a huge part of the cap to this one player and don't have the money to build the defense. OK , I am ready to be torched for my opinion.

I loved that video D3van, thanks.

A few thoughts randomly...

1. Reggie has to run with more ball security the ball is constantly moving in his hand.
2. When he puts his head down and runs North and South as a 1 cut runner he is real good.
3. No more Free Flow do learn to read blockers.
4. **** he is fast

How come everytime a player of ours is critiqued, he is compared to an LSU player? I realize I'm from the North but I didn't know that LSU players walk on water. I'm not making this statement based on this thread alone either. You can look anywhere on this site and see more examples. Don't get me wrong, I KNOW there are alot of GREAT LSU players but I've yet to hear negatively about one on here. It reminds me of this little problem some Canadians have with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

The Saints are saddled with a 60 mil., running back that is really not a running back. He talked earlier of picking and choosing his battles as far as when to take on contact and when to run to the sidelines, I think KIM was making some of those decisions for him this past year. He thought that since he was Reggie Bush, that he would automatically be given the throne just for showing up. After watching PT run with such heart and hunger, it just reassures me that RB is not even close to being worth the cap space and the attempt to build an offense around him. We should trade asap , pick up defensive players with the savings ,real blood & guts types like Jacob Hester --- the offense looked pretty good (better)without him but we are paying a huge part of the cap to this one player and don't have the money to build the defense. OK , I am ready to be torched for my opinion.

Please go learn how the cap works, how much Reggie is taking up, and how trades affect the cap. Then come back. This has been beat to death.

Thanks Bonchie, his whole post was garbage....

anyway, I think Reggie just wasn't trusting what he was seeing this year, I think he tried to hard to be the "guy" when Duece went down, while Stecker and Thomas used fundamentals and ability to get the job done, I think Reggie just relies on his talent and needs to get back to what makes a runningback successful in this league, at this point in his career, he isn't a "full" time back because he cant keep the change moving consistently enough because of his lack of discipline in the run game, by buy no means is he a bust, he just wasn't consistent enough this year.

Few random thoughts from me as well, having re-watched those highlights as well:

1. He makes moves that I've seen all season from other backs, and gets less yardage after he gets hit in the secondary than most of the other elite backs.

2. GEEZ he's fast.

3. He needs to just make one cut and burst. He could be a 5 yds a carry guy if he just commited himself.

Hester! Hester! THere's our answer. Let's just see if they'll let us have all of the LSU seniors. That's the way to go!

The different between this year and last was that he had a knee injury that he didn't even fully know about.

The different between this year and last was that he had a knee injury that he didn't even fully know about.

Another difference is that the offseason before last, Bush was training with football players. Last offseason, he was doing Fre Flo Do and getting bounced from the Playboy mansion.

Reggie hits thehole... when there's a hole... he dances when he gets to the line because there's no hole.

Patience patience patience... let the hole open then burst thru. He'll be fine.

The video shows why the Saints drafted him. He's running inside and outside. He's running around people and making people miss. He's running by people. Even tried to run over a few people. He's catching passes, running back punts. He's doing it all. Just as Saint Droopy said - Patience!

Reggie hits thehole... when there's a hole... he dances when he gets to the line because there's no hole.

Patience patience patience... let the hole open then burst thru. He'll be fine.

its to simple for people to accept, they rather believe its because of Kim K or his Subway Commercials, or the fact that there girlfriends like him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom