N/S Al Harris... (1 Viewer)

TheMike62987

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Is anyone noticing now that Al Harris looks like a great DB when he plays against average WR's and like crap when he covers one of the best in the NFL?

Is anyone noticing now that Al Harris looks like a great DB when he plays against average WR's and like crap when he covers one of the best in the NFL?

Can't that be generally said for 99% of corners?

Anybody ever notice that I look like Babe Ruth when I bat against a 7 year old but I stink when I bat against a major league pitcher?

You're all missing the point. Put Champ Bailey on Plaxico Burress and he doesn't have as good of a game as he did. Heck, put Mike McKenzie on him and he doesn't have as good a game. I'm basically saying that Al Harris is terribly overrated, as is Charles Woodson.

And Eeyore, take into consideration that all of these players are professionals. It's a little different than playing baseball against 7yr olds. No Al Harris is not playing against 7yr olds, nor is he playing against college WR's. If so he would be considered the greatest all time. Try not to be so sarcastic next time. I just made an overall observation of his playing ability against other professional football players.

Last edited:
I wouldn't consider Plexiglass one of the best. Is he one of the better receivers out there? absolutely but I don't see him as an elite receiver. Anyways, That was just sad how badly Plexiglass schooled Harris. Time and time again, he got beat, outsmarted, and embarrassed. It just shows you that he's not as good as people makes him out to be. Even on Mckenize worst day, He would never get schooled that bad. Keep in mind that the 154 yards out of 254 passing yards from manning went to Plexiglass who was shadowed by Harris all night long.

Mckenize > Harris. But Harris gets all the glory.

McKenzie made Harris what he is. I didn't say Plaxico was an elite WR, but he is one of the best in the NFL right now. Meaning, he's not among the likes of Harrison, and Rice and so on and so forth, but in the league now, he's top 10 I'd say.

McKenzie made Harris what he is. I didn't say Plaxico was an elite WR, but he is one of the best in the NFL right now. Meaning, he's not among the likes of Harrison, and Rice and so on and so forth, but in the league now, he's top 10 I'd say.

Talent is what made Al Harris what he is today

I give more credit to Plax today than Harris being bad. Harris really wasn't out of position on manyof Plax's catches. When a QB and a WR have thier timing down like we saw tonight, not much you can do except prevent yards after the catch.

I give more credit to Plax today than Harris being bad. Harris really wasn't out of position on manyof Plax's catches. When a QB and a WR have thier timing down like we saw tonight, not much you can do except prevent yards after the catch.

Are you serious?!?! If I'm not mistaken, Plaxico doesn't even consistently practice consistently week in and week out. All through the year, Plaxico was as on/off as any player has ever been. For all the hype Al Harris gets, there is no way that Plaxico should have gotten over half of the Giants passing yards. Harris is not good.

Maybe so but this isn't the first year they have played together. Watch the game, Manning was throwing the ball before Plax even finished his route. The only way Harris was able to stop him was to throw him to the turf. And like I said, Plax made two or three awesome catches that no one could have prevented.

Thats great and all, but for all the hype Al Harris gets, there is no way Plaxico should have had over 100 yds in this game. It's just a fact. Harris is supposed to be tops in the league, and according to many people one here Plaxico isn't. Harris is overrated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom