N/S Albert Breer Speculates About Harbaugh And The NFL (1 Viewer)

as good as Harbaugh is as a coach he is equally terrible as a person. I could see him jumping ship for the NFL and leaving his alma mater high and dry although I doubt many other coaches would do that. It's just his extreme lack of character that makes me see that as a possibility. Regardless of his talent level I don't want him here.....ever.....no matter how good he is.

I don't follow you here. Where has he shown to be a terrible person? Do you know why he has jumped ship from USD->Stanford->49ers->Michigan? Probably not, but guess. What has shown you this lack of character? In terms of coaches, he is one of the few that hold character in the highest regard.

Well I am glad you would only hire someone on his likability factor. If he came to us and we started winning again, I am sure you'd forget all about it.

yea im sure the majority in new England don't like belicheck but man he is a master on the field

Nope. I don't believe it. He is finally getting Michigan back on the map, but he has a bit to go before he can check that box off.

Also, for the Rams? Was this reporter drinking bong water? Maybe he would leave Ann Arbor for a more high profile position, but the LA Rams that aint. I could see him giving UofM another year and then bouncing, but he will want to get them to the highest point of the mountain before he bounces.

And why would the Rams do that? That just screams chicken with its head cut off.

I give this a -400% chance of happening.

Also, secretly, the only reason I would want Jim to leave us if it is to coach the Saints (should Sean never bounce back to old form).

Sean is the Les Miles of the NFL. Too stubborn to change and too loyal to cut loose terrible coaches. Too much ego to let Carmichael call plays. We are stuck I am afraid.

Sean is the Les Miles of the NFL. Too stubborn to change and too loyal to cut loose terrible coaches. Too much ego to let Carmichael call plays. We are stuck I am afraid.

The Les Miles comparison in unfair because the LSU administration treated him badly. They went in thinking they were on the same par with Alabama and its impossible because what the Tide are doing is a one in a half century type of achievement.

The LSU administration was swayed by an A&M win. Then they fired him four games into the season. Then they publicly fail at a try for Tom Herman. Now Orgeron has the feel of a retread coach.
Payton is not comparable to Miles.

How does Michigan justify what they're paying him?

The highest paid coach in college.

Kinda ludicrous.

Kinda ludicrous.

He's only been there for two years. It's based on past and current success.
Harbaugh has brought the Wolverines back. If he goes to the Rams, he'll justifiably be one of the top paid coaches.

I would say prepare yourself to be disappointed. I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but I've seen enough crazy stuff. Get prepared for new Michigan head coach Les Miles too.

Jim is staying at Michigan though I know someone who probably wishes that was not the case. And while I cannot publicly state the reason, there's is no way UM would ever hire Les Miles.

Kinda ludicrous.

Harbaugh is not earning th $9 million reported in the news. He earns $7 million, $2 million of which is an annual insurance premium. He did not receive the insurance premium his first season so he received two payments of it this year--one in the summer and one just last week. Next year, it will be one payment in early December. Further, because the $2 million is an insurance premium paid by the university, his true salary in terms of cash in hand is $5 million.

Some are now suggesting that the Rams are targeting Pete Carroll to move back to Los Angeles to take over that HC job....

... and really knock the NFC West for a loop. Stay Tuned.

My money is on Chris Ballard as GM and Josh Daniels as HC. Store it away.

His name is Stephen Ross, why he is paying Jim Harbaugh to coach his minor league team as opposed to his varsity squad (The Dolphins) is purely based on loyalty.

Ross is incredibly loyal to Michigan but he's not paying Jim's salary. There are so many donors to the athletic department/university beyond Ross like Glick, Eisenberg, Forbes, etc., whose dollars help to pay Jim's salary in addition to being utilized for other purposes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom