N/S: Albert Haynesworth possibly going to be shopped (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Pat Kirwan on Sirius NFL Radio mentioned that the Shawn Rodgers deal might change the Titans view on trading Pro Bowl DT Albert Haynesworth in the aftermath of Cleveland's mega deal with Rogers.

He mentioned the $20M guaranteed to Rodgers from Cleveland will make it even harder for the Titans to get a long term deal done with Haynesworth. Kirwan said that he could see Fisher calling a team like the Bengals (whom were really active trying to get a DT this offseason) and trading Haynesworth for 2 2nd rounders. After next season, Haynesworth will be an UFA, they won't get compensation for him, and they definately won't be able to pay for him.

This is a very intriguing rumor. If the Titans do shop Haynesworth, I'd for one hope the Saints throw even the kitchen sink at them. I believe that Haynesworth is one of the leauge's premier DTs. He'd also bring the nastiness that this D seems to be lacking.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
aye huge difference maker in haynesworth,,literally almost controls the line of scrimmage himself,,,throw em a 2nd and a 3rd next year,,,and a player that fits there needs,,,maybe ,,,if this guy is really on the market look real hard at it

I'd give them our second pick and Henderson. They need WRs and that second round pick might just do it.

Or is it possible that we can work out a long term deal with him as a "must have" prior to the trade and we send our #10 pick and we get their second rounder and Haynesworth?

They need the cap space, so MAYBE it is a possibility. Also, let's not forget that if the Bengals do that trade, that would more than likely take them out of the market for selecting DT in the first round.

I'd LOVE to have him, as he is a true animal in the middle. But I really don't see the Saints spending the $$$ -- he's gonna cost a FORTUNE!

Last edited:
i'd give up 10 for him in a heartbeat!!!

I'm almost always against trading high picks for almost any player... but Haynesworth would have the ability to change our entire Defense.

There's a lot of scenarios I would consider (although I would not trade 10 for him straight up...no way).

Probably wishful thinking but if the Bengals get him, that might increase the chances that Dorsey or Ellis will fall to us in the draft since that would be one less team above us needing a def tackle. By letting Cinncinati spend all the picks and money for Haynesworth, it might allow the Saints to get their own stud DT at a lower cost.

I would trade our 1st for him. Hes 26 or 27 and is a monster that could change our defense. Pull the trigger Loomis.

i would definitely give up a first round pick for him....the guy is the best DT in the game

Are we going to find a young proven all-pro DT at #10 overall in the draft???

Nope, I don't think so either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom