N/S Alex Smith Trade Already "Finished"? (1 Viewer)

Minnesota? Why are they even pondering Ponder? This ain't Detroit, man.

Probably KC. AZ isd a great fit for him as he is more of the "play not to lose" QB rather than the "play to win" QB. He needs to be with a team with a solid defense.

Probably KC. AZ isd a great fit for him as he is more of the "play not to lose" QB rather than the "play to win" QB. He needs to be with a team with a solid defense.

I.think that Arizona keeps a pretty good defense. They suffer a lot because their offense puts them in terrible positions.

Minnesota? Why are they even pondering Ponder? This ain't Detroit, man.

I'll at least give Ponder he has nothing to throw to...but still...

Normally I'd just grin and thumbs up this comment, then I remember us and the Ricky Williams draft.

We received 2 first round picks back for him, at least. Unfortunately, one of those became involved in the Sully trade.

If its higher than a 3rd rounder, its a steal for Niners who already have more than 12 picks

Yeah but who else wants to pay Alex Smith $8.5 million? The Cardinals actually could be a potential playoff team with even modest QB play.

Exactly. Why would the Niners want to make the Cards a potential playoff team?

It's gonna be KC. Reid's gonna want to hit the ground running and supposedly he was interested in Smith a year ago for the Eagles. If they're not enthused enough with any of the QBs that to take first overall, then this is more or less what they have to do to compete. Nobody there will accept another year of Cassel.

Honestly, Harbaugh probably did Smith a favor in a roundabout way. Benched him while he had career best stats and before he had a chance for the luster to come off or to get blamed for a playoff loss.

If someone gives Smith a new deal now, it'll be for a guy who was completing 70% of his passes and led his team to the NFC CG in his last playoff run. He's at peak value right now.

The twitter cognoscenti are certain it's the Chiefs.

Honestly, Harbaugh probably did Smith a favor in a roundabout way. Benched him while he had career best stats and before he had a chance for the luster to come off or to get blamed for a playoff loss.

If someone gives Smith a new deal now, it'll be for a guy who was completing 70% of his passes and led his team to the NFC CG in his last playoff run. He's at peak value right now.

Good point.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I.think that Arizona keeps a pretty good defense. They suffer a lot because their offense puts them in terrible positions.

That's why I said they would be a good fit. However, SF likely will not trade him within the division, so KC makes more sense.

I don't see how this is an upgrade for the Chiefs. If you put Matt Cassell with the 49er defense, o-line, and running game he'll probably get similar results as Alex Smith. Alex is a QB that will dink and dunk at a high level, but cannot pass it down field for his life.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom