N/S Alex Smith Trade Already "Finished"? (1 Viewer)

Jets make sense, neither KC nor Jax make any sense.

Kansas City just hired a new HC. If he wants a quarterback, just draft one. It makes no sense to trade for a marginal Matt Cassel upgrade when there's little win now pressure. Jags are roughly the same thing except Gabbert, well I get he isn't RG3 there is at least something there to work with.

Actually the Jets don't have the cap room for it. Not sure who it would be. Real head scratcher. Who wants an expensive, topped out, mediocre QB? It'd have to be a near-playoff team with a terrible QB but who in the NFL nowadays is that? Even teams like Buffalo and the Jets have similarly mediocre on big contracts and wouldn't be likely to make the move. Cleveland maybe, if they just hate Brandon Weeden?

I'll go on record as saying if the Chiefs land Alex Smith they make the playoffs this season.

Nice. Good call. Forgot about them. If they cut Kevin Kolb, which I thik they can do this year, they aren't carrying a giant QB contract. They can try to Russell Wilson a guy in the 2nd or 3rd and let Smith be their Matt Flynn. They have Fitzgerald, a couple of decent running backs, an outstanding defense. They're in a position to make a run.

And as crazy at it seems for the 49ers to trade Smith in division, it at least gets him off the books.

I'm just glad he's being traded. Colin K. will struggle next year and at some point get hurt. They will not have anyone to come in and manage the game like Alex S. could .

Yeah Kolb is $11million if they keep him, just $6 million if they cut him. Hs got a $2 million dollar roster bonus on March 17th, so having a trade lined up would be key. Alex Smith has a cap hit of $8.5 million, but given they save $5 from cutting Kolb, it's not terrible.

Good call, Arizona definitely makes sense, especially given the noise Arians has made about Kolbs contract.

I just can't see any way the Niners trade him in the division with other suitors available.

I just can't see any way the Niners trade him in the division with other suitors available.

Yeah but who else wants to pay Alex Smith $8.5 million? The Cardinals actually could be a potential playoff team with even modest QB play.

Maybe it's the Bucs. Schiano said he wants to bring in competition at QB to push Freeman, so it's a possibility.

Good, I can laugh when Kappernick falls on his face next year while all the NFL defensed have figured out the read option.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom