N/S Alex Smith traded to Chiefs (Merged) (1 Viewer)

9ers will definitely do some trading come draft day.

Send them our #15 for their #31 and #34?

The 49ers sure are sitting pretty - Plenty of cap space, 15 picks in the draft, a new superstar QB, a great defense, and coming off a Super Bowl appearance.

The Chiefs 2nd pick is basically a low 1st rounder. Hate to say it, but they're going to be loaded for years to come.

49ers already had 14 draft picks IIRC... holy crap

Not including whatever they get in return for Smith, they have 11 as of Feb. 21st according to a 49r's blog site, including 4 picks in the top 93 on draft day.

Here's the info by round and how acquired:

San Francisco 49ers

The article does say that they are expected to have 14 by draft day from compensatory picks according to the article.

I would've swapped 2nd's, given up a third and a conditional in 2014. A 2nd hurts, it hurts even more when you were the worst team in the league.

I feel like Alex Smith looked a whole lot better once Jim Harbaugh came, to me at best he is no better than a game manager type quarterback. He won't lose you the game, but he won't win it either, to me personally a 2nd is way too much to pay for that kind of player. If Andy gets the most out of Smith then it's a win, but i doubt it.

Perfect fit for the Chiefs, they get a solid QB who isn't fancy but can start, they have a good defense, really nice running back in Charles. KC just needs to lock up Bowe and get another playmaker at WR or TE.

Andy Reid made Kevin Kolb look good, Smith will get better.

well they keep blowing it with QBs, might as well throw picks and money at another average guy.

I can't fault them too much, in this league if you don't have a QB then you're sucking wind. I'd keep grasping at quicksand too if I were in their position.

The 49ers sure are sitting pretty - Plenty of cap space, 15 picks in the draft, a new superstar QB, a great defense, and coming off a Super Bowl appearance.

You're right.

Damn it.

That is such a Chiefs move. Lateral move at quarterback so a different mediocre QB can not give the ball to Jamaal Charles. Bravo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom