N/S Alex Smith traded to Chiefs (Merged) (1 Viewer)

It would be hilarious if they kept Casell and it turns into a Russell Wilson/ Matt Flynn QB competition during training camp with Casell blowing Alex Smith away.

Great deal for the 9ers. Lose the QB controversy. AND pick up a 2nd and conditional?

I think the Chefs overpaid.

It is great for them as long as their QB stays upright. Steve Young did but he was the exception not the rule. I have noticed over the years that getting rid of quality players has a way of coming back to bite you.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Is Alex Smith really any much better/different than Matt Cassel?

I am going to venture to say that you have never watched a Chiefs game with Cassell at the helm.
He is a horrible decision maker, an inconsistent passer, his sense of pressure is non-existent, and his personality reminds me of Cutler.
He cashed in on his one season for the Pats, and will never see another contract or season like that again.

Smith is a huge upgrade for the Chiefs, and Andy Reid is no slouch when it comes to QBs. KC needs more help, but at least they are no longer wavering about who the starting QB is going to be.

6 years of mediocrity before Harbaugh came in is hard to be dismissed. Just seems to me that if Andy Reid can't create a similar system for him to operate he is doomed. KC is nowhere near on par with talent surrounding the QB that he had in San Fran. But hey I'm no GM....

Belichick move over......there is a new sheriff in town....

How many picks the y have??...like 14?.....

Saints better get their act together....and start drafting some serious talent on defense. Nobody can stop the 9rs, other than the Saints....if they have a good defense paired up with their offense.

People are overrating Alex Smith. Without Harbaugh lowering everything to the least common denominator and making him a complete game manager in the lowest sense you could think of he was a nightmare.

What are the chances Reid makes Smith out to be a complete and utter game manager. Does Reid like Game managers or guys that push the ball up the field?

KC overpaid for an average QB.

Exactly. I wonder what the backup QB plan will be for the Niners. They'll probably draft one, but may need to seek out a backup with some NFL experience. I can see the Niners bundling up some of their picks to move up all come draft day. Doesn't make sense to draft a lot of players that will get caught up in the numbers game.

Yea , but he almost broke a record for passing completion percentage by throwing the ball 600 times less than Drew. lol

People are overrating Alex Smith. Without Harbaugh lowering everything to the least common denominator and making him a complete game manager in the lowest sense you could think of he was a nightmare.

What are the chances Reid makes Smith out to be a complete and utter game manager. Does Reid like Game managers or guys that push the ball up the field?

I agree that Smith is being overrated.

His best performances have been as a game manager, so maybe that is what best suits him to excel?

Reid may like guys that push it, but where exactly has that gotten him? To the Super Bowl as many times as the Saints have been. It may be time for him to re-evaluate the QB approach, and he has the RB to do it.

Personally I like the Chiefs (more of a feel for them, than anything), and I want to see Smith do good just to stick it to the 9ers, even though I am not a fan of his at all.

I'd rather have Tebow as a QB than Cassell

I would've swapped 2nd's, given up a third and a conditional in 2014. A 2nd hurts, it hurts even more when you were the worst team in the league.

I feel like Alex Smith looked a whole lot better once Jim Harbaugh came, to me at best he is no better than a game manager type quarterback. He won't lose you the game, but he won't win it either, to me personally a 2nd is way too much to pay for that kind of player. If Andy gets the most out of Smith then it's a win, but i doubt it.

I feel like Reid's done more with less (or at least equivalent).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom