N/S Alex Smith traded to Chiefs (Merged) (1 Viewer)

RaisingTheBar

The Voice of Reason
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
N/S Chiefs finalize trade deal for Alex Smith Per Jay Glazer

Transaction cant happen until 3/12 but deal is in place and will happen per Jay Glazer. Ian Rappaport reporting 9ers will get Cheifs 2nd rounder, and possibly a conditional 2014 pick.

Great move by both parties IMO. Although Smith is not an elite QB, he will do well in with the Cheifs. They have some good skill position players, and nice peices on defense. Andy Reid can get the most out of Smith and manage him well. I dont see anyone in this years draft better than Smith IMO.

Beat me to it.

Schefter is saying it includes "multiple" draft picks. Jeez, 49r's don't need any extra draft picks.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Ad @JayGlazer reported, 49ers have agreed to trade Alex Smith to Chiefs. Trade will be for draft picks - as in plural, per NFL sources.

Great deal for the 9ers. Lose the QB controversy. AND pick up a 2nd and conditional?

I think the Chefs overpaid.

Good move for all involved, IMO.

Great move by both parties IMO. Although Smith is not an elite QB, he will do well in with the Cheifs. They have some good skill position players, and nice peices on defense. Andy Reid can get the most out of Smith and manage him well. I dont see anyone in this years draft better than Smith IMO. If they build around him, get some more weapons and they could be in the playoff hunt. Their problem last year was coaching. There were rumors Crennel would be sleep in meetings and leaving early during practices. Come on man.

As for the 9ers, you couldnt ask for anything better. You pick #31 and #34 in a deep draft and already have a stacked roster? Man I wish. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Great deal for the 9ers. Lose the QB controversy. AND pick up a 2nd and conditional?

I think the Chefs overpaid.

Depends on the conditional. You figure they were going to draft a QB no matter what, there's your second (instead of potentially wasting the first) rounder. The extra pick is worth it knowing what you're getting instead of an unknown commodity.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom