N/S Amani Toomer Blasts Ray Lewis (3 Viewers)

I love Ray for what he did as a player, but his "what I am about to tell you is the most important thing you'll ever hear in your life" tone to every word he speaks can get a bit obnoxious.

Also, I understand the man is spiratual, but he talks about himself and his trials and tribulations as if his life is some biblical tale.

This... I called him "irritating" and you kinda found a way to summarize my thoughts...

Regardless of what Ray did or did not do in his past, we shouldn't judge the man. It is not our place to do so. How can we judge someone who sins differently than we do? That's hypocritical. Toomer sounds like a guy who's never done anything wrong in his life. So because Ray's had issues in the past means he can't change? He has to live as a "bad person" for the rest of his life?

I'll agree that "judge" is too strong a term to use. But there is no way I find the praise heaped on this guy acceptable either.

Where did he say that? Seriously. I've seen him say several times, regardless if they win or lose, he'd still be thankful. :shrug:

FWIW, I really don't care either way. I have no love for the 49ers so I'm hoping the Ravens win.

He quoted a scripture during the playoffs saying no weapon formed against him or his teammates would prosper. He went on to imply that scripture as the basis for the knowledge beforehand as to how he knew they were going to win the game.

I have no issue with God watching over players in a game, but to imply your faith as the basis for a sporting event outcome is lame. While I readily admit he didn't cite the Superbowl specifically, his injection of religion into sporting event outcomes irritates me.

And Ray is the last person who should be speaking about weapons.

I'm very very tired of the ray lewis reality tv show. Go away and sthu already pleeeeeeeease.
On the other hand, I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say Toomer just ascended another rung on the ladder of respect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom