N/S Amani Toomer Blasts Ray Lewis (1 Viewer)

not that i disagree, but every time i read something from armani toomer, he just seems really bitter and grumpy.

heres a tidbit of what it says for those who may have it blocked at work.

"It's definitely all about him. Once a guy goes to the center of the field, goes into the victory formation on the last play of his last home game …" Toomer said to USA Today Sports. " I just don't think the Giants or any organization I've ever been a part of, even growing up, would allow somebody to single themselves out like that.
"If you single yourself out after you make a play, that's one thing. But to walk out on the field reminds me of the WWE, like The Rock coming out. You're becoming a caricature of yourself. It's exhausting. I don't know why somebody would want that."

Last edited:
Completely agree.

This guy is being heralded as a legend. He is at least partly responsible, if not for the murder, covering up the slaying of two people, has 6 kids with 4 women, and now PEDs.

We pay a guy a Hundy for a good hit and we are villains. We lose picks in two different seasons, our coach and basically a season, out GM for half a season, Vitt for 6 games, oh and our coach isnt reinstated after our season, limiting our coach search.

What's up with this dude? Does he ever have anything positive to say about anybody?

When he started working The Opening Drive with Ross Tucker on NFL Radio, I had to quit listening. He was so annoying. And on the other hand, Derrick Brooks on Friday was must listen radio.

Damn skippy its all about Ray Ray. Toomer need to get a LIFE!! The coaches told the guy to go out on the last play at BMO stadium. Why all the negativity...Good LAAAWWWDDD!!!:aargh:

Tons of positive articles about Ray Lewis.

Tons of negative articles about Ray Lewis.

Count me among those who is simply tired of hearing the name Ray Lewis!

I get the angle.

It's pretty clear that much of Ray's antics are just as much "look at me" vs. something totally heart felt.

As a LB in the NFL, Ray Lewis is THE MAN. As a person outside the NFL, I have no idea what he is about.
That being said, Toomer brings up valid points regarding the "look at me" behavior. However, many Pro Athletes are like this, and much of it has to be blamed (if you are going to do that) on the media giving him the coverage.

I grow tired of seeing Ray when he is not on the field, but if you are watching any NFL coverage, especially now, you already know that is a major part of what you are going to get.

Ray Lewis was a beast of a LB for a long time and obviously a team leader but OMG to listen to this guy talk is irritating...

The media has a way of "creating greatness" and he is as a player but please stop trying to shove what a great man he is on me....

Ray Lewis is no kind of roll model that I look up to or that I want my kids to look up to...

Multi kids to multi unwed women, being right in the middle of the murder of two people, the inability to speak articulately and being just down right irritating matters to me....

Regardless of what Ray did or did not do in his past, we shouldn't judge the man. It is not our place to do so. How can we judge someone who sins differently than we do? That's hypocritical. Toomer sounds like a guy who's never done anything wrong in his life. So because Ray's had issues in the past means he can't change? He has to live as a "bad person" for the rest of his life?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom