N/S Amani Toomer Blasts Ray Lewis (1 Viewer)

I love Ray for what he did as a player, but his "what I am about to tell you is the most important thing you'll ever hear in your life" tone to every word he speaks can get a bit obnoxious.

Also, I understand the man is spiratual, but he talks about himself and his trials and tribulations as if his life is some biblical tale.

Just wait until somebody, somewhere gets a hold of some negative material on Amani Toomer. What will he say then? I would imagine that he would blame the media for the negative publicity. I could careless about Toomer or Lewis and I don't really have an opinion on either, but I would like to say that the life and energy that people waste on degrading others is disturbing.

Regardless of what Ray did or did not do in his past, we shouldn't judge the man. It is not our place to do so. How can we judge someone who sins differently than we do? That's hypocritical. Toomer sounds like a guy who's never done anything wrong in his life. So because Ray's had issues in the past means he can't change? He has to live as a "bad person" for the rest of his life?

Exactly. We all make mistakes, and people need to just let this stuff go.

I'd like to let Ray in on a little secret. God doesn't care who wins the Superbowl.

not a big fan of Ray and he dances a little to much,like Lance Moore but the guys play on the field is Hall Of Fame.mish!!and speaking as a christian,Christians have problems,hello thats why Jesus was needed! just saying! Go Saints!

I'd like to let Ray in on a little secret. God doesn't care who wins the Superbowl.

Where did he say that? Seriously. I've seen him say several times, regardless if they win or lose, he'd still be thankful. :shrug:

FWIW, I really don't care either way. I have no love for the 49ers so I'm hoping the Ravens win.

I'd say it's clear that Toomer knows he'll never have to go over the middle again.

Damn skippy its all about Ray Ray. Toomer need to get a LIFE!! The coaches told the guy to go out on the last play at BMO stadium. Why all the negativity...Good LAAAWWWDDD!!!:aargh:

Right! Like him or not! 17 years! Come on 17 years with the same organization! Any other company might have thrown him a retirement party at the office during work hours. That was more for the fans in that city than it was for Ray. It looks like he wanted to ride someone's coattail. It seems like it's always us who knocks us! Just sad imo.

Tons of positive articles about Ray Lewis.

Tons of negative articles about Ray Lewis.

Count me among those who is simply tired of hearing the name Ray Lewis!
if it helps, I've started referring to him as "Bambi".

Why does that Giants team whine and complain about everything? Yeah I agree, it was selfish of Lewis to do that, but he's a me first person, they should all know that by now. That Giants team does nothing but whine and complain though. It's always something to make them cry like babies.

i wanted the ravens to win because of ray lewis. but when i saw him laying down on the middle of the field while every single camera man was watching him, i realized that this guy is all about himself. id still rather the ravens over the 9ers because i think john is a nice coach (not like his wacko brother).

Toomer may be right about Lewis's religious hypocrisy. He talks the talk, but there's an awful lot of questionable behavior in his life that suggests he hasn't walked the walk. It almost seems like he uses religion as a motivational tool to win football games more than as a way of life. I don't believe in being overly judgmental, nor am I a holy roller, but when someone promotes themself as a religious icon of sorts, then they make themself open to scrutiny.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom