N/S Andrew Luck informs Colts he is retiring [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

Your ability to gloss over Doug being a thief is completely amazing.

Thief of what? What’s it have to do with
Doug Gottlieb is a literal thief.

Also, if you took one full speed hit from an NFL player you would probably explosively shirt your pants and go into a coma. But keep talking tough, its hilarious.

It’s hilarious how you and others get so worked up. It’s sad, I’ve been hit by NFL players. You don’t know me, and I plan to keep it that way. When you walk the walk and talk the talk it’s being real. Yes, but continue to wear your emotions on your sleeve like the majority of posters these days on SR.

The Colts paid him almost $100 million for his injuries. Great guy.

And you have no dignity about you. Are you one of the thousands of Colts fans that booed him last night?

If you have an athlete in your family, and they gave up on a gd sport, because they wanted to live a life that would be fulfilling and healthy for him/her, I hope you would not feel the same way, as you do towards Luck.

You may want to re-evaluate your priorities in life.

I’m not sure what surprised me the most when I opened this thread. That the story is true or that OJ Simpson has Twitter.

2019 is wild.
If I was Andrew, I’d be nervous. OJ looked really angry in his post about his retirement.

If I was Andrew, I’d be nervous. OJ looked really angry in his post about his retirement.
I don’t think he needs to worry.
If I’m in a fantasy league with OJ Simpson I’m picking backups. I don’t want to find out what happens if I beat him.

I wonder how many on this forum understand the amount of injuries and types of injuries to organs he has endured.

Maybe the Colts should have gotten better olinemen. And if any of you all would just read some of the sentiments his teammates and competitors have come out and said about him, maybe you all would understand the type of person and player he really is.

One COULD argue that the injuries Luck has sustained are due in large part to the baptism by fire approach of Irsay and the Colts. Maybe having Manning there for 2 additional years may have increased Luck's career for 2 additional years. MAYBE.

I just don’t think the history supports that at all. He’s 29 - he didn’t sustain any injuries in his first three seasons and he went 11-5 in each one. His chronic shoulder problem was more associated with the team’s refusal to shut him down when it first happened.

Luck was outspoken in saying the time off with his shoulder injury saved his marriage. I 100% believe that's playing a factor in all this. And I don't blame him.

The Colts organization (namely Ryan Grigson) wore him down and ruined a generational talent. Luck had the skill to be a top QB who could have been an easy first-ballot HoF if he'd continue to play for the next 10 years and maintained his production (the shoulder injury years withstanding).

But in today's NFL landscape, I'll never blame a player from walking away. It's the smart thing to do if you want to stay healthy and already had some rough years.
Yes but not 2 weeks from opening day. Never acceptable. Never

I just don’t think the history supports that at all. He’s 29 - he didn’t sustain any injuries in his first three seasons and he went 11-5 in each one. His chronic shoulder problem was more associated with the team’s refusal to shut him down when it first happened.

It’s more than the shoulder injury. Do some reading to fully understand Luck’s multiple battles with various injuries.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom