N/S ... Another reason to hate the Dallas Cowboys (1 Viewer)

I totally understand hating the Cowboys (similar reasons to hate the Steelers, 49ers, and uh, Patriots) but hate them for good reasons, this is just nitpicking BS.

Sure it's nitpick, just like most reasons people decide to hate things. But if a person hates the Cowboys due to the sense of unbridled arrogance that flows off the team and it's fans, I can see where this would feed that hate.

Given the "Jessica-is-to-blame" rationalization after the loss to the Eagles (and Romo's poor performance), let's say that this trip wasn't the best idea from a PR standpoint.

I could care less what he does during his time off either... Kenny Stabler used to joke that he read the playbook by the light of a jukebox, and the late, great Max McGee had the best game of his life in the first Super Bowl after coming in with the morning paper Super Bowl Sunday.

I don't like Dallas because of Jerry Jones, and nothing would make me happier than to see their season go down in flames in the playoffs again.

I don't care for Romo (although if the fates had blown differently, he may have ended up the Saints starting quarterback, because Sean Payton tried to get him before signing Brees) because he hasn't done anything in the post season, yet the sports media compares him to former Cowboy HOFers Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman and the Packers Brett Favre.

Put some skins on the wall first, then we can compare him to some of the all-time greats.

what can you show me to say its been good recently?... they lost to Philly, barely pulled one out against a bottom of the barrel Panthers team, and while the starters didn't play much, they got worked by the Redskins... all of it isn't Tony's fault but i'm not going to say he can't recieve any blame.. the focus for the team as a whole just isn't there...

Well there was nothing to focus on during the Redskins game first and foremost. They had nothing to play for. Secondly, you mean the same bottom of the barrel Panthers team that finished above the Saints? Or the Philly team that finished the season winning 3 straight?

But back to the point, regardless of wins and losses. My question to you was what proof do you have that they (he) aren't showing work ethic. You're just throwing out a baseless assumption because a guy took some time off, when the entire team was scheduled to be off for that exact same time. So all of a sudden he's lost his work ethic because he took time off when it was allowed?

As to what do I have to show you otherwise:

Dallas QB's work ethic will help him overcome bobble

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/tim_layden/01/09/romo/index.html
Stop the foolish inquiries that question Romo's work ethic. See, this is a classic case of perception creating a false reality.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/nfl/stories/060407cpromo.3373857.html

Romo's head coach believes the magic on Sundays begins with an impeccable work ethic during the week.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/cowboys/2007-10-04-tony-romo_N.htm

But hey, what do all these people, who are far closer to Romo and his team than you or I, know? Nothing. I'm sure he lost that ethic overnight once he started dating another celebrity. :shrug:

One day people are going to realize that players are indeed human and that playing football is a job for them, not a 24 hour obsession, no matter how much the fans want it to be.

Maybe I should hate you next time you take a weekend with your girlfriend/wife inbetween work weeks....

One day people are going to realize that players are indeed human and that playing football is a job for them, not a 24 hour obsession, no matter how much the fans want it to be.

Maybe I should hate you next time you take a weekend with your girlfriend/wife inbetween work weeks....

You have more faith in people than I do. I know for a fact that Richard Seymour was hanging out watching football this weekend with teammates, damn them for not being on the field 24/7!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom