N/S: Antonio Brown telling Steelers fans farewell? (2 Viewers)

Nope, not what I'm trying to say. Teams that look good on paper rarely turn out like you expect in real life. Example: Philadelphia.

Anyway, makes no difference. We aren't in that market, we pay no more than one top WR and we have this guy called Michael Thomas.
I think Philly won a SB?
Rams got to the Super Bowl last year being a paper champion.

Still got there... The last "Dream team" to implode was that Eagles squad.
Tell me about the other dream teams to win a championship since then, that didn't rely on the biggest missed call in living memory?

Philadelphia is the proof that 'great teams on paper' are best left on paper.

And Dan Snyder still hasn't learned this lesson over in Washington, either...

Nope, not what I'm trying to say. Teams that look good on paper rarely turn out like you expect in real life. Example: Philadelphia.

Anyway, makes no difference. We aren't in that market, we pay no more than one top WR and we have this guy called Michael Thomas.

We very well could be in that number. Send our 2nd to Pitt for Brown, go all in on winning a superbowl with Drew's last season (possible)..

Remember, if we trade for him, theres no more guaranteed money that would be owed to him from us, as Pitt would eat that, so we could always trade him again next season, or outright cut him if needed

We very well could be in that number. Send our 2nd to Pitt for Brown, go all in on winning a superbowl with Drew's last season (possible)..

Remember, if we trade for him, theres no more guaranteed money that would be owed to him from us, as Pitt would eat that, so we could always trade him again next season, or outright cut him if needed
I'm sorry, I don't think anything you've posted has any bearing on the reality of how players get signed to contracts in today's NFL.

You do know that he will require a new/renegotiated multi year contract with a very considerable portion of it as guaranteed money, and salary cap ramifications that will be untenable when considering our own young core coming up for contract renewal?

Using the phrase 'go all in' doesn't make any of those things go away. But by all means go ahead and dream, it's your nickel ;)

I'm sorry, I don't think anything you've posted has any bearing on the reality of how players get signed to contracts in today's NFL.

You do know that he will require a new/renegotiated multi year contract with a very considerable portion of it as guaranteed money, and salary cap ramifications that will be untenable when considering our own young core coming up for contract renewal?

Using the phrase 'go all in' doesn't make any of those things go away. But by all means go ahead and dream, it's your nickel ;)

He still has 3 years left on his current deal, he will not be getting a new contract from anyone, if anything they will just fully guarantee salary

If you trade for AB, he very likely is going to want a new deal, and on top of that, if you do a new deal for him, you pretty much HAVE to do a new deal for Thomas immediately. That's a lot of cap dollars, not to mention real money cash flow, going to two guys at the same position within the same year. Do you think the Saints are ready to shell out over $100 million in guaranteed money to two players this off-season?

I'd love to have AB, but it doesn't seem realistic.

If you trade for AB, he very likely is going to want a new deal, and on top of that, if you do a new deal for him, you pretty much HAVE to do a new deal for Thomas immediately. That's a lot of cap dollars, not to mention real money cash flow, going to two guys at the same position within the same year. Do you think the Saints are ready to shell out over $100 million in guaranteed money to two players this off-season?

This guy gets it.

I don’t see any NFL teams giving him a new deal until his contract expires. Wherever he gets traded to he will have to ride it out. Raiders do have a wealth of assets to trade for him. Don’t want to see him in a Panthers uniform either.

I don’t see any NFL teams giving him a new deal until his contract expires. Wherever he gets traded to he will have to ride it out. Raiders do have a wealth of assets to trade for him. Don’t want to see him in a Panthers uniform either.
The new team desperate enough to trade for him will be desperate enough to give him what he wants contractually. Your scenario will not play out, he will get his new money.

The new team desperate enough to trade for him will be desperate enough to give him what he wants contractually. Your scenario will not play out, he will get his new money.

The Raiders can feed him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom