N/S: Antonio Brown telling Steelers fans farewell? (1 Viewer)

Do we have anything to trade that the Steelers would want? Looks like he wants to move on.

Yeah maybe Cam Jordan, Michael Thomas, Alvin Kamara or Marshon Lattimore with our 2nd. You making that trade? Not to mention the cuts to make cap room.

Brown is not an option for us, we don't have anything to give them. We don't have a first this year which is what they are going to want and I doubt they would accept a 2020 first. There isn't a player that I would be willing to give up that would acceptable.

Then there is the money issue we have Thomas to re sign who is a 100 times more valuable than Brown would ever be. We don't have a lot of wiggle room we have to concentrate on our own players. Brown is 30 and for a 30 year old player with a questionable attitude the risk and cost is just too high. I think you will see him go to a team like the Colts they have 118.5 million in free cap space for this coming year. Pair Brown with TY Hilton and you have a team that will rival Peyton Mannings' Colt teams.

Put me in the trade for AB club. He’ll enjoy playing with the guys in our locker room, I believe he’ll be on his best behavior with Brees.

Brown is not an option for us, we don't have anything to give them. We don't have a first this year which is what they are going to want and I doubt they would accept a 2020 first. There isn't a player that I would be willing to give up that would acceptable.

Then there is the money issue we have Thomas to re sign who is a 100 times more valuable than Brown would ever be. We don't have a lot of wiggle room we have to concentrate on our own players. Brown is 30 and for a 30 year old player with a questionable attitude the risk and cost is just too high. I think you will see him go to a team like the Colts they have 118.5 million in free cap space for this coming year. Pair Brown with TY Hilton and you have a team that will rival Peyton Mannings' Colt teams.
They aren't getting a 1st for Brown and he can't be traded unless he has a post June 1st designation. His cap hit would sink the Steelers in 2019. 21 million before March 17. 23 million afterwards. 11.5 million post June 1st..

2 2nds is his ceiling with all his drama. He is not worth a 2020 first. I repeat... Not worth it..

Last edited:
They aren't getting a 1st for Brown and he can't be traded unless he has a post June 1st designation. His cap hit would sink the Steelers in 2019. 21 million before March 17. 23 million afterwards. 11.5 million post June 1st..

2 2nds is his ceiling with all his drama. He is not worth a 2020 first. I repeat... Not worth it..

I agree no matter what he just isn't worth it even if he could be traded.

No way we are even in the discussion.

But man oh man if we were. Dree Brees throwing to Michael Thomas and Antonio Brown with Kamara and Ingram out the backfield? Not to mention Ginn. We could in effect beat any team's #'s 1, 2 , and 3 corners straight up, hold their LBs, and SS, and work the dogmess out of their FS om every play.

Payton wouldnt even have to scheme mismatches as they would naturally occur everywhere all game long.

This is why we have a Salary cap folks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom