N/S Antonio Brown ( to be )suspended by Raiders (UPDATE: Raiders release AB) (1 Viewer)

I've always said that some players are so talented that teams have to take a chance on them. Josh Gordon is the perfect example. The fact that he's still in the NFL shows you just how talented he is. Nobody have been given more chances.

But at some point the risk outweighs the reward. The Patriots brought in Gordon knowing that worst case scenario he can't stay clean and they get rid of him. There was very little risk because Gordon didn't cost much and he's been known as a good teammate. This is the opposite. Brown is clean off the field but he's hell on earth in the locker room. And his behavior has gone beyond diva like. He's taken it to another level. Maybe his ego is just that out of control. Maybe he has CTE. Maybe he's on drugs. Who knows.

At this point I don't think Brown needs to play football. Obviously it doesn't seem like he's that interested in it. He certainly isn't the same guy who became the best WR on earth by sheer will and determination. He was like MT in that he had a huge chip on his shoulder and worked his butt off to prove everyone wrong. He had an underdog mentality. Now, inexplicably, he has a victim mentality. The Raiders moved heaven and earth to get him. They gave him a huge new contract and it seems like they did everything they could to support him and make him happy.

The Saints aren't going to bring that circus to town. They have a Super Bowl run to think about.

Absolutely agree, it would send a message.

I wouldn’t want him on my team for sure after the way he is acted the last 2 years. He’s just too talented that someone will likely sign him. I just hope no one will sign him for big money. A team would have to be crazy to give him a ton of money. I doubt a perennial winning team signs him unless they get him on a 1 year cheap deal. I hope his escapades cost him a ton of money

I don’t want him no where near the Saints locker room, even he comes for a cheap 1 year deal

I hope no one signs him, so some of these diva attitudes go away. You are not bigger than the game AB. Sucks for the Raiders giving up draft picks for a player that didn’t even play a down for them.

One desperate team will probably take a chance.. but he is going to end up like T.O, where nobody will want to deal with his antics.
I just wonder if the Raiders get their picks back for him

If anyone doesnt want AB, they are insane. Im sorry.

The Raiders got rid of a outstanding personality in Amari Cooper and wasted his talent. They got rid of the cornerstone in a player that was a absolute impeccable person in the community in khalil mack.

You guys are really going to listen to this media expertise that says every single year "Sean Payton is going to go coach Dallas" "Drew Brees is going to not retire a Saint"

c'mon man.

Add me to the insane list. I'd prefer to be proud of the players on my favorite team.

I've always said that some players are so talented that teams have to take a chance on them. Josh Gordon is the perfect example. The fact that he's still in the NFL shows you just how talented he is. Nobody have been given more chances.

But at some point the risk outweighs the reward. The Patriots brought in Gordon knowing that worst case scenario he can't stay clean and they get rid of him. There was very little risk because Gordon didn't cost much and he's been known as a good teammate. This is the opposite. Brown is clean off the field but he's hell on earth in the locker room. And his behavior has gone beyond diva like. He's taken it to another level. Maybe his ego is just that out of control. Maybe he has CTE. Maybe he's on drugs. Who knows.

At this point I don't think Brown needs to play football. Obviously it doesn't seem like he's that interested in it. He certainly isn't the same guy who became the best WR on earth by sheer will and determination. He was like MT in that he had a huge chip on his shoulder and worked his butt off to prove everyone wrong. He had an underdog mentality. Now, inexplicably, he has a victim mentality. The Raiders moved heaven and earth to get him. They gave him a huge new contract and it seems like they did everything they could to support him and make him happy.

The Saints aren't going to bring that circus to town. They have a Super Bowl run to think about.

I think there’s a difference between the league being willing to give chances to a guy with a substance abuse problem than a guy who says “I don’t need football - I’m gonna play by my rules” and then refuse to show up while all over social media.

Josh Gordon hasn’t done much of that, he just keeps failing tests. AB will get more chances but I think that as long as he carries this “I’m above everyone and (also) a victim”, it’s gonna be hard for him. That’s a far more disruptive situation.

He’s threatened retirement a few times during training camp during the helmet fiasco. I’m sure he believes another team will give him the same contract he had with the Raiders and there’s just no way that happens. His ego is to big to play for peanuts so I can see him sitting out and just not playing this year.

Bengals don't mind character concerns. Maybe they scoop him up. That would be very interesting the two times a year they play Pittsburgh.

As Sean Payton has said over and over in the past 18 months, he loves the character of this young team. AB is toxic. I don't think SP and ML will spend more than 5 seconds considering going after AB. There's just too much risk of team disruption - imho

If Brees can stay strong and healthy the entire season, we are the SB favorites without AB. I don't think we mess that winning formula.

Swimmer, I don't believe the Saints would have engaged in trade talks with the Steelers for AB earlier this offseason if what you're saying is true.

Swimmer, I don't believe the Saints would have engaged in trade talks with the Steelers for AB if what you're saying is true.

Really good point and my answer is, idk. I'm making this up so take it for what its worth, but maybe the Saints and other teams thought all AB needed was a change of scenery, healthy teammates and better coaches. It's pretty clear now that AB has some serious mental and emotional issues. AB's success risk factor just escalated through the roof.

I hope no one signs him, so some of these diva attitudes go away. You are not bigger than the game AB. Sucks for the Raiders giving up draft picks for a player that didn’t even play a down for them.
I don't believe it's a diva thing with Brown, there is something deeper going on with him. I found this after getting curious about his recent outburst and it details his behavior before and after he got leveled by Burfict:

The sad part about all of this is that IF it is truly symptoms of CTE, there are no test to confirm its existence and there's no cure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom