N/S Antonio Cromartie Released (1 Viewer)

He sure as hell ain't worse than Harris.

EDIT: Could come in here and crack the starting lineup in the dime package. (Overstated my point the first time around.)

Get him in here for a sit down at least.

Their D is pretty bad and he still got cut Thats pretty telling.

You'd only be signing a name. That guy is pitiful. He was getting torched left and right all season. Complete shell of his former self.

Seriously, Sterling Moore and B.W. Webb are probably better players than he is at this stage. He just doesn't have it anymore, at all.

This is surprising to me actually.. the few games I watched AC was playing well.. he did get hurt several times and left games, so this may be more injury-related than performance based.

He sure as hell ain't worse than Harris.

Probably could come in and be #2 to Breaux immediately when he's back from injury (which looks to be soon).

Get him in here for a sit down at least.

Makes me sick to my stomach but I have to agree with you. He has been flat awful Indy and he was bad for the Jets last year. That aside we are one play away from being worse than awful.

The guys we have at starters right now have played great way better than I would have ever expected but we take a single injury and the skill drop off is deep.

Considering we lost Swan, Lewis, PJ Williams, Kyle Wilson, and most of all Breaux we aren't doing too bad considering we are starting 3rd string and street guys. We just can't take another hit.

Makes me sick to my stomach but I have to agree with you. He has been flat awful Indy and he was bad for the Jets last year. That aside we are one play away from being worse than awful.

The guys we have at starters right now have played great way better than I would have ever expected but we take a single injury and the skill drop off is deep.

Considering we lost Swan, Lewis, PJ Williams, Kyle Wilson, and most of all Breaux we aren't doing too bad considering we are starting 3rd string and street guys. We just can't take another hit.

This is my point, though you took the time to explain it while I just posted a couple lines.

We have zero depth right now. So even if he's been getting torched this year, we need bodies with NFL experience at the CB position. What happens if Moore or Webb goes down? We're back to nothing but UDFA rookies as our starting corners.

I'm not saying he's going to be a savior, but he's been healthy and started in 4 games this year. That Indy team is a mess on both sides of the ball. At least we've seen him be really good in years past and could be a good stop gap for the rest of the season. If he were to come in and not work out...let him go and we're no worse for wear.

I'd rather just let the young guys wing it the rest of the season. Either they'll grow into the role or we'll go a different direction this free agency period.

I'd rather just let the young guys wing it the rest of the season. Either they'll grow into the role or we'll go a different direction this free agency period.

Yup. We've already played the hand we were dealt for four games -- if we take away reps from the young guys, we've pretty much insured that they won't get better.

This is my point, though you took the time to explain it while I just posted a couple lines.

We have zero depth right now. So even if he's been getting torched this year, we need bodies with NFL experience at the CB position. What happens if Moore or Webb goes down? We're back to nothing but UDFA rookies as our starting corners.

I'm not saying he's going to be a savior, but he's been healthy and started in 4 games this year. That Indy team is a mess on both sides of the ball. At least we've seen him be really good in years past and could be a good stop gap for the rest of the season. If he were to come in and not work out...let him go and we're no worse for wear.

There are better options out there if you need them. Not saying they're "good" options, just better options.

We get too enamored with names around here sometimes. There is a reason this guy keeps getting cut; he can't run anymore and has completely lost his quick-twitchiness.

I don't think Folks understand its a developmental league. Teams hate to take away snaps from young players.

Thats why we allowed Jahri to walk to see if we could coach up Lelito/Kelemente/and whomever our draft pick would be

Same reason we allowed Colston to walk so those Snaps could go to Coleman and whomever our draft pick ended up being.

A lot of times these vets can still play but teams know that the future is typically more important so unless they are playing at a really high level....its more likely they keep giving the young guys snaps.

I'll get neg repped for my opinion but I doubt heavily they even sniff him. UNLESS they feel Crawley isn't developing.

Moore Webb and I would even say Crawley have all been great but is De'Vante Harris really better than Cromartie at this moment in time? Harris playing should be a scary thought. He has potential and isn't worse off that Stanley Jean Baptiste was as a rookie but he is not a ready for prime time player and with no injuries he is inactive or on the PS.

We would be foolish not to take a look your 100% correct on that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom