N/S Arian Foster retires (1 Viewer)

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Reaction score
Cvkj3B3UkAE6qHi.jpg

As much as I like seeing guys having a 12+ year career, I also like seeing guys walk away to preserve their body, and pursue happiness in a different direction.

Unfortunate about all the injuries. He was a great running back in his prime, one of the best undrafted players to come into the NFL in awhile.

Getting out while the gettin's good. Good on him for hanging it up when he knows he should.

Now, don't try a comeback tour next year. Get a broadcast gig and move on, man. Steady flow of income.

I can respect his decision, and I wish him well.

I can also recognize a guy who just lost his job, and his contract is heavy in incentives. No point in playing for peanuts.

Not sure why all the red thumbs. In the 430+ weeks Foster has been in the NFL he retires the 1 week he is benched. To think it didn't have something to do with the decisions is kind of silly. He's been constantly injured the past few seasons and now he's come back to see he's been passed on the depth chart. The combination of injuries, limited action and limited incentives just makes the game not worth the assault on his body. More power to him, great guy and he'll be successful in whatever he does next.

He's a pretty introspective and thoughtful guy. I think the real answer is hinted at in his closing 'carry those memories...hopefully'. I take that as a CTE reference. He's battled injuries throughout his career and recognizes that his body is breaking down, and he doesn't want to end up a vegetable at 50. Players today know they're rolling the dice with their health and finding the right moment to 'fold'.

One of the most intelligent and just all around good guys in the league, imo.

Hope he has lots of success going forward.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom