N/S Arizona @ Seattle (1 Viewer)

This was the same score as the first Saints game I ever went to in 1994 when we beat the Rams 37-34. Tyrone Hughes had two kickoff returns for TDs, set a still-standing record for single game kickoff return yards, and the Saints also fell asleep at the wheel and allowed a still-standing NFL record for longest punt return when a Ram grabbed a presumed-dead punt from the end zone and went 103 yards for the score.

Football at its best (defense schmefense)
Looking at the first 5 wins for Seattle, I'm NOT completely sold on how tough these two teams are. Great game, but I wouldn't say with confidence they are much better than the Saints.

Screenshot_20201025-231827.png
Yeah, I know they haven't beaten anyone who is tearing it up this year, but it's hard to discredit any team that was undefeated. But I would still love to see them start struggling down the stretch.

Sorry, you are correct so it made it even more important to have Seattle win giving Cards another loss.

I think the NFC West is going to beat each other up down the stretch. I think we end up with two from NFC South, two from the West, two from the North, and 1 from the NFC East.

Yeah, I know they haven't beaten anyone who is tearing it up this year, but it's hard to discredit any team that was undefeated. But I would still love to see them start struggling down the stretch.

I think we will. NFC West is gonna beat each other up down the stretch.

The NFC (outside of the East) is stacked this year.
A really good team is going to miss the playoffs because there won’t be enough slots for everyone.
And one REALLY BAD team is going to MAKE the playoffs. It's a shame for any team from the NFC East to accept their division championship. :covri:

This was the same score as the first Saints game I ever went to in 1994 when we beat the Rams 37-34. Tyrone Hughes had two kickoff returns for TDs, set a still-standing record for single game kickoff return yards, and the Saints also fell asleep at the wheel and allowed a still-standing NFL record for longest punt return when a Ram grabbed a presumed-dead punt from the end zone and went 103 yards for the score.

I remember being somewhat confused and then upset at the criticism we got at the time for that lapse of judgment but seriously that sort of mistake could've easily happened to any NFL team's special teams and honestly most times when a punted ball does go into the EZ, its a tough back for the opposing team's 20-yard line back then at least. Saints just generally believed the same rules applied here, one can't blame them for making a simple yet unfortunately costly mental error at the time.

Honestly, its not nearly as bad was what occured 14 years later in 2008 when Eagles tied the Bengals for final score and at at the post-game press conference, Eagles QB Donovan McNabb told reporters he didn't know games could end in a tie. He wasn't joking or being facetious, not even being quoted "out of context", he genuinely did not know NFL games could end in ties.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom