N/S "Athletes need to get off Twitter" - McNabb (1 Viewer)

i don't think they should get off twitter, but i think they should just be smarter about what they post, or just make their feeds private so reporters can't read their posts. plenty of people post stupid things on twitter all the time, it's not twitter's fault, but the people posting it. maybe they should make "how to handle yourself on the internet" part of the rookie symposiums.

Athletes need to know the rules of the game in which they are playing.

mcnabb.jpg

'All these social networks of you tweeting about you watching a game when you wanna be playing in it but you’re mad you’re not playing in it, so you’re gonna criticize someone that’s playing in it. I don’t believe that that’s the right deal. That’s not professional by any means and, you know, we’re all in a fraternity, so if you see a guy who’s struggling, this isn’t the time to jump on him or kick him while he’s down, you know, because that same guy will come against you and kinda blast your team out the water'.

Pretty well said, just not well written.
I know that on 'Bid Day' I wanna blow the competition away, but away from the office there just folks who do the same thing as I do for a living.
JMO
MB

i don't think they should get off twitter, but i think they should just be smarter about what they post, or just make their feeds private so reporters can't read their posts. plenty of people post stupid things on twitter all the time, it's not twitter's fault, but the people posting it. maybe they should make "how to handle yourself on the internet" part of the rookie symposiums.

That's the whole problem - a lot of them are too stupid to use their heads like that. Even the smart ones are at a disadvantage, because no matter how smart they are, they just can't comprehend what a completely different world it is that they're entering. I think most sports leagues do give them a presentation about this very thing, but they still don't get it. Face it, a lot of these guys are just dumber than a box of hammers. For every Drew Brews, there's a dozen Johnny Jollies.

I think players should take a wonderlic test before being aloud to make a Twitter account :ezbill:

:covri:

SR rule #3456 - 43: When questioning the intelligence of others, ensure that your own ducks are in a row, particularly within the same post in which the intelligence of others is being questioned.

Reggie needs to stay off twitter.... And all the steelers/falcons just need to shut up in general

I would think that McNabb would be more concerned with the younger players getting off of his lawn...

I disagree. It's best for the individual athlete to stay off twitter if he's going to post something silly, but detrimental to the league as a whole.

Anytime a business has the opportunity to connect with their customers in an emotional and meaningful way, the better. Fantasy Football was HUGE for the NFL. Twitter connects with their fanbase and helps them connect with their favorite players.

But players just need to be smarter about what they write. If you are emotional, Stay. Off. Twitter. Simple as that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom