N/S Beanie Wells cut by Cards (Merged) (1 Viewer)

RT3

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Albert Breer&#8207;<S>@</S>AlbertBreer RT <S>@</S>BeanieWells26: Just been informed that I'll be released today.
I know when he was coming into the NFL a lot of Saints fans wanted him in the B&G

and this leads to speculation about Reggie Bush

John Clayton&#8207;<S>@</S>ClaytonESPN
With the Arizona Cardinals releasing Beanie Wells, the Cards will make a run on Reggie Bush, but they could lose him to Detroit

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
More importantly, does this mean the Cards already have a replacement lined up? Maybe a certain Mr.Ivory?? Unleash the flood of a thousand Chris Ivory trade threads!

OP
RT3

RT3

SR is my life!
Reaction score
More importantly, does this mean the Cards already have a replacement lined up? Maybe a certain Mr.Ivory?? Unleash the flood of a thousand Chris Ivory trade threads!
Clayton's already speculating Reggie Bush actually... threw Bush's name behind both the Cards and Lions

SuJaguar00

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score

John Clayton is speculating that this sets up Arizona to make a run at R. Bush with strong competition from Detroit....

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The best draft decisions we ultimately have made in recent years were stopping short of putting together big deals to draft Glenn Dorsey and Beanie Wells, two players our front office/coaching staff had fallen in love with.

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
John Clayton is speculating that this sets up Arizona to make a run at R. Bush with strong competition from Detroit....

You don't cut a back like Wells to make room for Bush. You cut a back like Stevens Howling when bringing in a Reggie Bush.

A team also doesn't cut a back in hopes of finding a replacement unless they just don't want him anymore.

The real reason Wells was cut is because NFL teams dont want a 1st round pick RB that has a career 4.0 ypa.

Kurgan

Ked' sme sami som tak rád
Reaction score
You don't cut a back like Wells to make room for Bush. You cut a back like Stevens Howling when bringing in a Reggie Bush.

A team also doesn't cut a back in hopes of finding a replacement unless they just don't want him anymore.

The real reason Wells was cut is because NFL teams dont want a 1st round pick RB that has a career 4.0 ypa.
Rings a bell..

Tim C

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has suggested trading Ivory to them and then signing Wells on the cheap. (Not suggesting we do, just surprised is all.)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Let's keep the discussion to Wells, and maybe FA options for the Cards.

Do not let this become an Ivory vs Ingram thread, or so help me God I'll close it. ;)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So, I guess the million dollar question is if the Cards go after a RB in FA or draft one now.

Maybe they will be in the small fight for Stephen Jackson, so it's not such a sure thing to the Falcons.

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think Bush to Detroit makes sense... Arizona already has Stephens-Howlings right? or is he a FA? They're practically the same dude.

As for the Turds in ATL I think they have their cross-hairs on Steven Jackson.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom