N/S Bears are looking for O-line help. (1 Viewer)

In other news, the sun came up this morning and the sky is blue.

Tough room today. :angryrazz:

Just passing on the headlines.

Didn't we tender him and Ivory with a 2nd? I would not mind seeing this play out:

We get a 2nd for Bushrod a 3rd for Ivory, trade down in the first and pick up another 3rd then boom we have 3 more picks in a Defensively heavy draft class. There is a lot of good talent in the first 3 rounds.

Didn't we tender him and Ivory with a 2nd? I would not mind seeing this play out:

We get a 2nd for Bushrod a 3rd for Ivory, trade down in the first and pick up another 3rd then boom we have 3 more picks in a Defensively heavy draft class. There is a lot of good talent in the first 3 rounds.

Bushrod is an UFA and we will receive no compensation this year if he walks.

Bushrod is an UFA. We get nothing if he signs with someone else.

The Bears need help but if they want to sign free agents then they'll need to free up a lot of cap space. They have about $4 million in space right now and they don't have a middle linebacker on the roster and have a host of needs. I'm sure that they can create space but the McCaskey family is very cheap and they don't like "dead money" on the books. They don't mind maxing out the cap but dead money will get a GM fired from the Bears.

I think that they'll allow some dead money this season because they're short on draft picks but I don't expect much spending from them. I look for them to build from the inside out and that would mean that a LT is not a priority.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom