N/S Bears release WR Muhammed (1 Viewer)

I remember this guy killing us so many times, and then doing that stupid basketball between the legs celebration everytime. I don't think we need him, but for some team he'll make a good WR. He was very good in Carolina until he went to Chicago for 2 years, even there he was a good WR, but they had no QB to get him the ball.

i think whoever gets him will be very, very lucky....imagine if you had to play catch with rex grossman in freezing weather...this guy was almost on steve smith's level at Carolina...they couldn't afford them both...is the only reason he left..

Actually, I think he would be a very good pick-up for the Saints. He has good hands and is a huge target (6' 2" 215 lbs), with his long arms.

In his 12th season, he's not a speed guy any more, but he can go over the middle and make the catches that move the chains. He also has the size to shield most defensive backs and catch those quick slants.

Before he went to the Bears, he had 16 TDs and over 1400 yards receiving with the Panthers as the only receiving threat on the team (Steve Smith was injuried). He'd make an ideal #3 receiver.

We already have Colston... We don't need another slow WR

??? Slow ??

Todd McShay Scouts Inc.

Wide Receivers: 20-yard split

All the agility and speed drills are vital to wide receivers. While the 40-yard dash is considered an effective measuring stick, the 20-yard split can provide a better indication of a receiver's ability to gain separation from defensive backs off the line of scrimmage.

Marques Colston ran a pedestrian 4.55 in the 40. However, his 20-yard split time (2.62 seconds) was among the best of the receivers who ran. Maybe more stock should have been placed in his initial burst, rather than his top-end speed.

awe come on - you guy's don't want to yell out "Mooossssssssssshhhhhhhh" every time he makes a catch? :p

He have a better chance of yelling it for every dropped pass. This guy has really sucked over the last two years. Lets look at his stats since signing with the Bears. People are fantasizing about the name not the production. His best years are waaaaaaaayyyyy behind him.

He didn't always have the best attitude in Chicago. He can be a bad locker-room guy from what I have seen here in Chicago.

Given what has passed for quarterbacking over the past three years in Chicago, both his attitude and his decline in production can be explained away.

Keep in mind David Patten looked pretty washed up during his two years in Washington.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom