N/S Big 10 Cancels Season (Update: PAC-12 also cancels) (1 Viewer)

How do you know who the real champ is? If they play without all the Big 5 conference’s this will be like the high school state championships where the private schools don’t play the public schools. If you don’t get to play the best of the best you will always wonder if you are the real champ.

How do you know who the real champ is? If they play without all the Big 5 conference’s this will be like the high school state championships where the private schools don’t play the public schools. If you don’t get to play the best of the best you will always wonder if you are the real champ.

The "real champ" can only be determined by teams that played. And college football has a looooong history of "the best of the best" not playing each other because of bowl tie-ins.

That being said no ones playing/finishing this year. The SEC, ACC and Big 12 can huff and puff all it wants but it's going to go the same way as the other conferences.

If we are lucky we will get a truncated spring football season.

The "real champ" can only be determined by teams that played. And college football has a looooong history of "the best of the best" not playing each other because of bowl tie-ins.

That being said no ones playing/finishing this year. The SEC, ACC and Big 12 can huff and puff all it wants but it's going to go the same way as the other conferences.

If we are lucky we will get a truncated spring football season.
Spring football has 0% chance of happening.

For some of these college athletes, receiving the meals on campus and having access to the facilities is vital.

Absolutely right. Unsupervised at home, those who can get the virus will surely get it. They're saying it's spread more at home than anywhere else. Also, they're less likely to be tested at home.

Absolutely right. Unsupervised at home, those who can get the virus will surely get it. They're saying it's spread more at home than anywhere else. Also, they're less likely to be tested at home.

They don't have stats for playing football on a college campus with tens of thousands of students yet. I know the numbers playing baseball for the Marlins are not good. At least the Marlins get paid.

Spring football has 0% chance of happening.

I can't see it happening either. Bobby Herbert told the following story on WWL yesterday. He went straight from the USFL to the
NFL. He played in 40 games in a 9 month time span. Going from a spring season to a normal fall season when this virus is
over is going to take a huge toll on a players body.

Wouldn’t the logical thing to have the spring season as the sole 2021 season and go back to the fall in ‘22?

Wouldn’t the logical thing to have the spring season as the sole 2021 season and go back to the fall in ‘22?

How would that be logical? Your forcing a rushed truncated spring season into 2021 and getting rid of the fall 2021 season when theoretically covid should be under control with a vaccine. That's like the worst of both worlds.

They don't have stats for playing football on a college campus with tens of thousands of students yet.

They don’t have stats for not playing football on college campuses, either. I think the expert from Duke sounded pretty reasonable when he talked about being able to mitigate the risk for college athletes down to the same level as all the other students who do not play sports.

How would that be logical? Your forcing a rushed truncated spring season into 2021 and getting rid of the fall 2021 season when theoretically covid should be under control with a vaccine. That's like the worst of both worlds.
I would think forcing a spring and fall season into the same year would be worse.

What are you Russian? That’s a joke just in case.

Big 12 said today they are playing football this fall. The 10 conference teams will all play each other along with one non-conference game.

Good for them! Hope the SEC and ACC will follow suit.

Big 12's decision no surprise. SEC should follow suit. But despite recent announcements, I am not sure about the ACC. Clemson and Florida State may want to play. But I doubt that Duke, Virginia, Miami, Georgia Tech and Wake Forest do, and I suspect North Carolina and North Carolina State will be cool about playing as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom