N/S Boise st. game (1 Viewer)

Should Brees thump Hartley for losing to the Falcons?

No.

A) Hartley's kick didn't decide our season like the Boise State's kicker just did for them. They'll more than likely move down to somewhere around #10 in the BCS rankings and will no longer play in a significant bowl game all because of him.

B) Despite GH's missed kick, he wasn't the only reason why we lost. There were plenty of opportunities for Drew and the offense to put the game away long before it got to the point where we had to depend on Hartley.

C)You couldn't draw up a perfect play any better than what Kellen Moore did on that extremely impossible 60 yard throw with a second left. That play was to do nothing more than to get in FG range and it was well within reach for Boise's kicker to make inside the 10 so there was no excuse as to why he shouldn't have made it.

D)He had TWO opportunities to win the game for Boise and both were chip shots!!

It just stinks that Auburn pulled off a miracle against Alabama, a well earned miracle. I don't know if there's any chance now of LSU getting into the national championship game? I think Auburn and/or Oregon would have to lose next weekend? I know it seems I'm grasping at straws here, but South Carolina and Oregon St. aren't exactly tune-up games. What do ya'll think?

How was Boise not a top 5 team (before the loss)? C'mon now :jpshakehead:

Top 5 due to pre-season rankings! Boise hasn't played anybody all year long. This is called karma.......the football gawds know Boise did not deserve a shot at a Nat'l Championship with that powderpuff schedule. Now for the REAL miracle.....TCU losing! It possible.....they had to scrap a win against a 1 win San Jose St. team.

Sorry.....I don't buy into the Boise/TCU love. Play a real schedule and stay undefeated.....THEN talk to me! :lol:

That kicker needs to be monitored closely for the next 72 hours.

Seriously.

As much as I wanted to see some of the Top 4 lose, it's hard not to feel sorry for that kid. :covri:

Nevada is no slouch team. They're 8-1 and in the same conference as Boise St. It was inevitability that Boise would lose sometime, and they lost to a team that is very good in its own right. Anyone who says they're not worthy of a top 5 ranking doesn't watch much football. Boise would beat damn near any team out there and no one wants to play them. They can only schedule the teams that will agree to play them and that's not many right now.

sgjzae.jpg

We saw what happens when Boise plays more than 1 decent team a year. One of the announcers said it best: Boise isn't used to being focused for 4 quarters. This game shows why they don't deserve a shot. They're a good team, but they aren't PROVEN. Unless by "proven" you mean "has beat 8-10 team we lambast the big schools for scheduling as OOC cupcakes". When LSU plays LA Tech or Tulane, their schedule is put down due to them scheduling cupcake OOC games. But when Boise plays 8-10 teams equal to or worse than LA Tech or Tulane, they're a top 5 team. GMAFB.

Boise hadn't trailed in over 40 quarters before Nevada's game-winning FG. They never trailed for 10 games. That alone should tell you they're just beating up on cupcakes all year long.

They're still a good team, but they haven't proven they can hang with the big boys for an entire SEASON. For a game, yes. But not a season, which is the true testament to a great team. Give LSU, Bama, Wisconsin, Ohio St., or Stanford Boise's schedule and they're magically undefeated.

We saw what happens when Boise plays more than 1 decent team a year. One of the announcers said it best: Boise isn't used to being focused for 4 quarters. This game shows why they don't deserve a shot. They're a good team, but they aren't PROVEN. Unless by "proven" you mean "has beat 8-10 team we lambast the big schools for scheduling as OOC cupcakes". When LSU plays LA Tech or Tulane, their schedule is put down due to them scheduling cupcake OOC games. But when Boise plays 8-10 teams equal to or worse than LA Tech or Tulane, they're a top 5 team. GMAFB.

Boise hadn't trailed in over 40 quarters before Nevada's game-winning FG. They never trailed for 10 games. That alone should tell you they're just beating up on cupcakes all year long.

They're still a good team, but they haven't proven they can hang with the big boys for an entire SEASON. For a game, yes. But not a season, which is the true testament to a great team. Give LSU, Bama, Wisconsin, Ohio St., or Stanford Boise's schedule and they're magically undefeated.

Money comments. TCU has played weaker competition than Boise IMO. It's a joke that these guys are up so high in the polls when they sleepwalk every Saturday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom