N/S Brees former Mentor headed to Louisiana (1 Viewer)

bornnraisedwhodat

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Was he really his Mentor? I thought he was one of the guys ready to move on to Rivers?

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There's a discussion about it on the College board if anyone wants to check it out.

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
never like Cameron, but maybe for college, but I think this ends badly
Brees and Flacco both sing his praises. His most recent stent as an OC may not have worked out, but he has had some success as an OC, before. Also, rumor says that he was let go by Baltimore because he wasn't utilizing Ray Rice enough, not because of how successful his offense was or wasn't. In fact, after he was let go, it was widely reported that Caldwell was running the same offense that Cameron had set in place.

Also, I'd like to add that I wasn't really a fan of CC at first, either. But I was swayed by his endorsements. I think this will be a positive move for LSU.

speckle trout

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M4q1thh1G20" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Still funny till this day.

Boiler Jim

Saint Boilermaker
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
When Brees was a Senior at Purdue, he was NOT the unanimous choice as Big Ten player of the year by the coaches or as all Big Ten QB despite setting a number of all time Big Ten and National records, and finishing third in the Heisman voting...

The only coach that didn't vote for him: Cam Cameron of IU who thought his QB, Antwaan Randle El was the better player and better QB....

SuperKid

Time for change
Reaction score
When Brees was a Senior at Purdue, he was NOT the unanimous choice as Big Ten player of the year by the coaches or as all Big Ten QB despite setting a number of all time Big Ten and National records, and finishing third in the Heisman voting...

The only coach that didn't vote for him: Cam Cameron of IU who thought his QB, Antwaan Randle El was the better player and better QB....
Randle-El had quite an Arm, you saw that TD pass in Super Bowl XL. :hihi:

mrbeebe228

Tailgating Enthusiast
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly, I don't think any OC can save LSU from Les Miles. He's practically the Mike Smith of college football.
Really? Mike Smith is 82-14, multiple conference championships and a National title?

I must have missed all that...

I hope LSU would get rid of Les Miles; he is not a good coach.:covri:
And replace him with who? I challenge you to name a more successful coach that would ACTUALLY come to LSU, only 2 coaches in the country that would be an upgrade are Urban Meyers and Nick Saban and neither would touch LSU or it's "new money" spoiled *** fanbase with a 10 foot pole.

As and LSU fan, god I hate LSU fans.

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Brees and Flacco both sing his praises. His most recent stent as an OC may not have worked out, but he has had some success as an OC, before. Also, rumor says that he was let go by Baltimore because he wasn't utilizing Ray Rice enough, not because of how successful his offense was or wasn't. In fact, after he was let go, it was widely reported that Caldwell was running the same offense that Cameron had set in place.

Also, I'd like to add that I wasn't really a fan of CC at first, either. But I was swayed by his endorsements. I think this will be a positive move for LSU.
Brees is polite, and Flacco wasn't very good till he left

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dan in Lafayette Drew Brees reacts to New Orleans Saints vs Chicago Bears: defense, offensive game plan SR News Page Articles 0
Saint Kamara Drew Brees since the start of 2017 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Dan in Lafayette Drew Brees Talks Bears Defense, Offensive Game Plan| Saints-Bears Week 8 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Drew Brees Almost Never Throws Deep Anymore. Is That A Problem For The Saints? It hasn’t been so far. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 16
How would Drew Brees' (alleged) 'baller' condo at the Four Seasons Hotel look? Get a sneak preview Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Film Study: How Saints QB Brees turned in a vintage performance without top receivers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Drew Brees, Saints still have that two-minute-drill magic Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus WATCH: Baldy's Breakdowns highlights the Drew Brees leap vs. Carolina SR News Page Articles 0
jasonsw Brees Quitely having a great season Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 132
Saint Kamara Brees leading team on historic pace for 3rd down conversions Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Tom Brady, Drew Brees may pass the NFL TD pass record back and forth many times Saints RSS News Feeds 0
jasonsw Saints Drew Brees for MVP? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
Dan in Lafayette Drew Brees excellent throughout, Marcus Davenport comes up with big sack in New Orleans Saints victory against Panthers SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Brees' clutch precision lifts Saints past Panthers, 27-24 SR News Page Articles 0
Tom Brady passes Drew Brees for NFL passing touchdowns record Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Tom Brady ties Drew Brees with his 558th career touchdown pass Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bigsaints Brees before the half Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 31
Krodwhodat Drew Brees is a better QB with less talented receivers Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 38
Drew Brees, Alvin Kamara lead depleted Saints offense past Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara Game winning drives, Brees getting closer to the record Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8
Saint Kamara Thank God for Drew Brees Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 27
Drew Brees' latest milestone? Saints QB the first in NFL history to hit 7K completions Saints RSS News Feeds 0
saintmike23 Saints That was the closest Drew Brees special ever! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
The end of the QB era, Part 3: Drew Brees’ legacy Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Drew Brees reacts to New Orleans Saints vs Carolina Panthers Week 7, Teddy Bridgewater Is No-Problem SR News Page Articles 0
Saints QB Drew Brees teams up with LaToya Cantrell for new coronavirus PSA Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Tom Brady now one touchdown pass behind Drew Brees’ career record Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Akiem Hicks, Former Saints Focus on Win Not Revenge SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Panthers release former Saints cornerback Eli Apple SR News Page Articles 0
Week 7 Bold Predictions - Can the Saints shut down their former QB? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Teddy: Evaluating our favorite former Saint's first 6 games. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Teddy’s return the latest for former starting QBs facing Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0