N/S Brees former Mentor headed to Louisiana (2 Viewers)

Really? Mike Smith is 82-14, multiple conference championships and a National title?

I must have missed all that...

Neither of them can manage a clock to save their lives. Consistently call plays that backfire on the reg. Neither ever make half-time adjustments. Both clap awkwardly. Need I go on?

I challenge you to name a more successful coach that would ACTUALLY come to LSU, only 2 coaches in the country that would be an upgrade are Urban Meyers and Nick Saban and neither would touch LSU or it's "new money" spoiled *** fanbase with a 10 foot pole.

That is the truth, I'm glad Nick isn't going anywhere soon. :hihi:

As and LSU fan, god I hate LSU fans.

I hate LSU fans too. LOL. :9:

Uh, I think he means the Falcons Mike Smith. :9:

as do I, He made the comparison.. Mike Smith has won nothing of significance.. Mike has never won his conference (the NFC) while Les has (the SEC).. Les has won a national title (BCS) and Mike Smith hasn't (superbowl).. (and yes, I know that the superbowl is a "world championship", but considering that only the US plays, that's just semantics)

Neither of them can manage a clock to save their lives.

In 96 games at LSU, he lost one due to poor clock management.. and that was at ole miss 1999 when Jefferson spiked the ball on the 10 yard line with 1 second left.. any QB that is stupid enough to do that regardless of what the call is deserves to lose.. and who says they go 10 yards even with the 1 last play? By that same logic , Mark Richt is a terrible coach because he burned 27 seconds at the end of this year's SECCG to let Alabama off the hook.

Consistently call plays that backfire on the reg
There's a coach that calls 100% successful plays? Where is he! Maybe the Saints can hire him? Nobody talked smack about play calling when he beat FL in 2007 going for it on 4th down 5 times and making it.. or beating them again in 09 in their house off a fake FG.

Neither ever make half-time adjustments
Like in 2011 when he came back in the 2nd half to beat Alabama in their house and after the lousy first half of the SECCG? Cool story bro.

Both clap awkwardly
Relevant. :rolleyes:

Need I go on?

If you wish to make a valid argument and not just re-spout the same drivel every Bammer says every 12 seconds.

In 96 games at LSU, he lost one due to poor clock management.. and that was at ole miss 1999 when Jefferson spiked the ball on the 10 yard line with 1 second left.. any QB that is stupid enough to do that regardless of what the call is deserves to lose.. and who says they go 10 yards even with the 1 last play? By that same logic , Mark Richt is a terrible coach because he burned 27 seconds at the end of this year's SECCG to let Alabama off the hook.

There's a coach that calls 100% successful plays? Where is he! Maybe the Saints can hire him? Nobody talked smack about play calling when he beat FL in 2007 going for it on 4th down 5 times and making it.. or beating them again in 09 in their house off a fake FG.

Like in 2011 when he came back in the 2nd half to beat Alabama in their house and after the lousy first half of the SECCG? Cool story bro.

Relevant. :rolleyes:

If you wish to make a valid argument and not just re-spout the same drivel every Bammer says every 12 seconds.
Good post! For all his deficiencies, Miles is still the best regular season coach in the SEC, currently. LSU fans love to bicker and complain about Miles, but we've come a LONG way from the DiNardo days. Yes, Saban is responsible for bring this program to the top. But you don't stay at the top without being a good coach. As an example in recent history, look at Zook's tenure at Florida. Or Whomever that guy was that replace Jim Tressel at OSU.

It takes more than just a good recruiter to keep a program in the top their in the country.

Good post! For all his deficiencies, Miles is still the best regular season coach in the SEC, currently. LSU fans love to bicker and complain about Miles, but we've come a LONG way from the DiNardo days. Yes, Saban is responsible for bring this program to the top. But you don't stay at the top without being a good coach. As an example in recent history, look at Zook's tenure at Florida. Or Whomever that guy was that replace Jim Tressel at OSU.

It takes more than just a good recruiter to keep a program in the top their in the country.

Les Miles has kept LSU relevant longer than Saban did.. people don't realize he was only there 4 years.

The biggest difference between Saban and Miles is that people actually like Les...

Since i watched LSU and Saints football from the 70's to now i would say most fans of both teams are spoiled. The last 10 years have been the glory yrars.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy III.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom