N/S: Broncos & Panthers BOTH miss playoffs in '16... (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
...first time since 2003 it (both SB teams from previous year failed to make playoffs the next season) has happened.

The Broncos got off to a 4-0 start this season and seemed poised to return to the playoffs despite Trevor Siemian taking over for a retired Peyton Manning at quarterback. While the defense still played at a high level, the offense failed to carry its end of the bargain.

The unexpected jettisoning of top cornerback Josh Norman factored into the defense's struggles, and Carolina was unable to overcome a 1-5 start. Newton followed his MVP campaign with what has to be considered his worst season since his rookie year.

Broncos, Panthers miss playoffs after Super Bowl 50 - NFL.com

:gosaints:

And let's hope the Panthers replicate the same feat next season.

Well if there's any consolation to this year for me as a Saint's fan, it's seeing Scam having an even more miserable of a season.

I can't complain about this. As someone who lives in Denver it's nice to see them knocked down a peg. I know fans who early in the season were saying they were going to be 16-0 because their defense is so good it doesn't matter what their offense does LOL.

well.. the panthers are slotted to pick before the saints in the draft. I can see them going after Fournette.

well.. the panthers are slotted to pick before the saints in the draft. I can see them going after Fournette.

I really hope this does not happen....one, this will make them a very hard offense to defend with his and newtons running capabilities and two....I don't want to have to hate fournette.

Yet I don't recall any of the talking heads saying the Broncos would have a "hangover," which is all we head from them after our SB year. At least we made the playoffs the next year.

Yet I don't recall any of the talking heads saying the Broncos would have a "hangover," which is all we head from them after our SB year. At least we made the playoffs the next year.

...and the next (monster year in '11)... and would have been '12, had they not messed over Coach Payton with that Bountygate crapola. :mad:

:gosaints:

I really hope this does not happen....one, this will make them a very hard offense to defend with his and newtons running capabilities and two....I don't want to have to hate fournette.

I don't want to see it either. But it could very well happen. Jonathan Stewart is getting up there in years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom