N/S--brooks on NFL Network on the demotion of Tom Walsh........ (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is that there was (and is, still) a huge faction of Saints fans that don't realize what you just said. Even now, after seeing Drew Brees and what a real QB looks like, there are some who still don't get why the AB fiasco was such a set back for this team. To me, that's a problem, because the potential exists for it to happen again.

Really, that's all that upsets me. What happens next time? What happens next time there is a cancer on this team, yet a huge faction of the fans refuse to admit it because it would mean they were wrong? I'll tell you what happens -- more years of misery.

Ultimately, I want the Saints to win. Anything that gets in the way of that must be thoroughly destroyed.

I seriously doubt whether fans have any real impact on personnel decisions made in an NFL organization. Look at how many wanted to give Haslett a pass this past season. Look at how many thought that hiring Payton was yet another cheapo move by Benson/Loomis.

Because most of us are tired of seeing AB on the front page. This is a Saints board.

Well i dunno, go to another site that bans talk about Aaron Brooks is all I can tell ya... i don't know what else to say. But guess what? Every post you make on this & any other thread you may not "like" to see on the front page. KEEPS IT ON THE FRONT PAGE

The point is that there was (and is, still) a huge faction of Saints fans that don't realize what you just said. Even now, after seeing Drew Brees and what a real QB looks like, there are some who still don't get why the AB fiasco was such a set back for this team. To me, that's a problem, because the potential exists for it to happen again.

Really, that's all that upsets me. What happens next time? What happens next time there is a cancer on this team, yet a huge faction of the fans refuse to admit it because it would mean they were wrong? I'll tell you what happens -- more years of misery.

Ultimately, I want the Saints to win. Anything that gets in the way of that must be thoroughly destroyed.

The coaching staff was a bigger "cancer" than AB ever was. Brooks put up similar stats as Brees is putting up now until about 2 seasons ago, but our defense was giving up 25 plus points per game, but I think that was somehow Brooks' fault.

Look, I'm SOOOOO happy Brees is on this team. Best FA signing ever, but I will never understand the extreme hatred some fans had for Aaron. He is actually one of the good guys of the NFL. Not a great leader, but a good person, and he was a pretty decent QB for a few years here in New Orleans.

The coaching staff was a bigger "cancer" than AB ever was. Brooks put up similar stats as Brees is putting up now until about 2 seasons ago, but our defense was giving up 25 plus points per game, but I think that was somehow Brooks' fault.

Look, I'm SOOOOO happy Brees is on this team. Best FA signing ever, but I will never understand the extreme hatred some fans had for Aaron. He is actually one of the good guys of the NFL. Not a great leader, but a good person, and he was a pretty decent QB for a few years here in New Orleans.

hmmm... so, this was a meaningless post on a meaningless thread? no. you have come up with a nice argument & have actually joined the discussion instead of trying to belittle everyone for wanting to discuss the subject. congrats

Last edited:
What a unique, rewarding and insightful thread. Refreshing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom