N/S--brooks on NFL Network on the demotion of Tom Walsh........ (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaRoux

Veteran
Reaction score
brooks was interviewed on the demotion of the Raiders OC Tom Walsh for the promotion of TE Coach Shoop and went on to talk about his own skills , how won't change HIS game or what he does on the football field.

This guy is such a lame character who refuses to take any responsibility yet said that Walsh was a guy who must take the responsibility for the Offensive problems in Oakland while not mentioning his on participation in the poor play of their Offense.

His "matter of fact" NON-leadership characteristics now becomes an obvious weight and a real factor as to "why" the SAINTS under "has-been" and his willingness to stick with brooks in spite of this lackadaisical attitude.

I realize I was very harsh on brooks and his "style" of play while with us, plus highly criticising that listless, non-passionate approach of his toward his position but seeing him now on another team, dragging that same indifferent mentality to the Raiders pulls into focus just how much of a "bring down" he really was.

How can you lead highly competitive men in a harsh and brutal game where winning is as much an attitude and approach as pure physical skills when you possess none of the qualities it takes to get the job done yourself. All of the athletic potential in the world will not accomplish the goal of winning if the heart isn't fully dedicated to that winning cause.

I am so relieved to have Coach Payton, and Drew Brees and Reggie bush on our team instead of "has-been", brooks and rickey williams that it's not even funny!

What a trial of fanship this has been! If we don't win another game this season, just the fact of what this new regime has brought to our TEAM so far has been satisfying. Of course, along with this new attitude and new squad, I do now expect to make a little more noise in the League than where we are right now!

I wonder how long brooks would have lasted had Coach Payton have kept him? After seeing that "Lock Room Report" where Gleason appealed to his team-mates to come in on their day off after being given it by Coach Payton and hearing someone else say "Stay Focused and Remember The GOAL!" I now no why it took about two seconds for Payton to say; "Adios!" to señior brooks!

I was glad to see him go. A new era has begun down here and it is about time.

I saw the interview a few minutes ago. The way he said " I won't change my game or how I play it for no one" I guess that means what a coach says to him is useless and he won't change for ANY reason? Thanks above for the decision to jetison this guy to California!

The guy can't even put a complete sentence together. How did he make it through an interview???

:strawb: :Bandance:

Saints forum.

Well, I DID put the "N/S" in the thread title so I thought that would be some indication that this thread , while it does concern football and is somewhat SAINTS related, it wasn't completely SAINTS information.

Kill the thread guys if it's in the wrong place and not pertinent enough to warrant it being here.

!!!!!!!!!!!!! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX !!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: I figured this information might be interesting to those, wondering, as I am, what elements were in play to contribute to what went so savagely wrong with our TEAM over the past five years!

Saints forum.

and he was a Saints player.. we talk about current,past & potential future Saints players here. If you don't like the subject, don't open the thread. :dunno:

I saw the interview & yeah, it was typical A.B., totally threw his coach & everyone else on his team under the bus without taking the slightest bit of personal responsibility for his play (or lack thereof) I just sat there with a grin watching & loving every single minute of the fact that he was not in a New Orleans Saints uniform :9:

very few things in life irritate me as much as thread nazis. if you don't think it belongs there don't open it. Deciding what should be taken out or moved is a Mod's job.

Quesadilla Pizza:

Estimated Time Needed:

Est. Preperation: 10 mins
Est. Cooking: 7 mins

Ingredients:

8 (6-in.) fajita-size reduced-fat flour tortillas, divided
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup fat free refried beans, warmed
1/4 cup diced green chiles
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
Directions:

PREHEAT oven to 450° F.

PLACE 4 tortillas on baking sheet. Sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly over tortillas; top with remaining tortillas. Brush lightly with oil.

BAKE for 4 minutes. Combine pizza sauce and cumin in small bowl; spread on tortillas. Spoon beans evenly over sauce mixture; sprinkle with chiles, green onions, Monterey Jack cheese and olives.

BAKE for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.
Yields: 4

Not to be rude or anything, but what does this have to do with President Hoover?

Stay on track.

brooks was interviewed on the demotion of the Raiders OC Tom Walsh for the promotion of TE Coach Shoop and went on to talk about his own skills , how won't change HIS game or what he does on the football field.

This guy is such a lame character who refuses to take any responsibility yet said that Walsh was a guy who must take the responsibility for the Offensive problems in Oakland while not mentioning his on participation in the poor play of their Offense.

His "matter of fact" NON-leadership characteristics now becomes an obvious weight and a real factor as to "why" the SAINTS under "has-been" and his willingness to stick with brooks in spite of this lackadaisical attitude.

I realize I was very harsh on brooks and his "style" of play while with us, plus highly criticising that listless, non-passionate approach of his toward his position but seeing him now on another team, dragging that same indifferent mentality to the Raiders pulls into focus just how much of a "bring down" he really was.

How can you lead highly competitive men in a harsh and brutal game where winning is as much an attitude and approach as pure physical skills when you possess none of the qualities it takes to get the job done yourself. All of the athletic potential in the world will not accomplish the goal of winning if the heart isn't fully dedicated to that winning cause.

I am so relieved to have Coach Payton, and Drew Brees and Reggie bush on our team instead of "has-been", brooks and rickey williams that it's not even funny!

What a trial of fanship this has been! If we don't win another game this season, just the fact of what this new regime has brought to our TEAM so far has been satisfying. Of course, along with this new attitude and new squad, I do now expect to make a little more noise in the League than where we are right now!

I wonder how long brooks would have lasted had Coach Payton have kept him? After seeing that "Lock Room Report" where Gleason appealed to his team-mates to come in on their day off after being given it by Coach Payton and hearing someone else say "Stay Focused and Remember The GOAL!" I now no why it took about two seconds for Payton to say; "Adios!" to señior brooks!

You are absolutely right.

I never bailed on the Saints but the past few seasons were trying.

We all figured out a long time ago that we were going to be served up the same rollercoaster inconsistency as long as Haslett and Brooks were here. It got to the point where I could't look forward to the season anymore. I was indifferent to Sundays knowing exactly waht i wou ld get out of those clowns.

Benson should have sent them packing at least two seasons before he did. The silver lining is that the timing did allow us to get Brees and Payton.

Good riddance to Haslett, Brooks and Venturi -- the three stooges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom