N/S Browns Fans (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
After that game yesterday, I have to give it to Browns fans. They are loyal. I know the Saints have had some dark times, but I think 1-32-1 eclipses it.

There were a lot of them at the dome. All of the ones I encountered were friendly.

Would love to get their fans' account of their trip to NOLA. Most visiting fans have great things to say about their experience at a Saints game in the Dome.

funny you say....
....my daughter has a number of friends who are from cleveland (and a teacher) and wanted to go flaunt the win yesterday....
i told her:
1) 'we're not cowboy fans, so don't act like one'
2) you were born in 2004 and have lived through the 'golden age of saints football'.....leave cleveland fans alone and hope they get their victories elsewhere....be thankful their first victory in 2 years was not yesterday against the saints....

happy monday all and thank all that is good that we are looking toward the week with a check in the win column!

Being a Season ticket holder since 1967 I certainly have empathy for them..... Took my 26 yo daughter (my prissy one lol) who had never been to a game... she wanted to rub their faces in it and I quickly quieted her down.... The Browns' fans are loyal and friendly.... I really wish them the best and I think they will get 5 or 6 wins this year. Their defense is capable of soing that....

It's also a fan base that has experienced the loss of their franchise, when Modell bolted for Baltimore. Losing sucks but having your team taken away has to feel like rock bottom. Those fans are in it to the end.

Browns fans have to be some of the most loyal in all of sports. No point going all Dallas or Atlanta on them. They lost a game they probably should of won. I wish them their first victory of the season Thursday night.

If there is a team more cursed than the Saints have been it is the Browns.

It's also a fan base that has experienced the loss of their franchise, when Modell bolted for Baltimore. Losing sucks but having your team taken away has to feel like rock bottom. Those fans are in it to the end.
Exactly. And they were willing to pay a fortune to get an NFL franchise back in town. Those fans are so desperate to get back into the game and have one of the elite teams in the league that they will remain loyal for as long as it takes. Even with all their misery since being awarded a new team, I find it impossible not to admire those fans and I will wish the best for their team as long as it doesn't negatively affect our own.

I truly hope they rip the Jets on Thursday night just to give those fans a few free beers and something to celebrate for the 10 days that will follow! :9:

Last edited:
I always wondered what would happen to a fanbase when their team bolted, then got a new team. It sounds as though they attach themselves to the new team--and probably despise the former franchise. If they support the current disastrous team, more power to them. That is admirable. Particularly in this situation--but really in all situations with visiting fans--rubbing it in is very poor form. Applause for everyone who restained the would be gloaters. Let's face it, the Browns should have won that game. The Saints were very, very fortunate.

Cleveland fans who were around for the old Browns will remember the glory days of the early to mid 60s when they were a powerhouse. Jim Brown was the most dominant running back I have ever seen. People forget that he could truck any defender AND elude them AND catch the ball. There was talk that he was the fastest player on the team. That was several generations ago, so their fanbase--arrogant as it was in those days when I was in college near Cleveland--has really suffered.

My father-in-law is from Cleveland and I have gotten to know my wife's uncles and cousins from the Cleve. They're solid, I really like them. And they are Browns fans til the end. They all came to our wedding and I remember noticing that every night, the last people at the bar were the Cleveland crowd and the New Orleans crowd. All having a great time together . . . just like I knew they would.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom