(n/s) Browns situation... (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
The browns have derek anderson wanting a 6 year contract. They want him to have a 3 year. They have brady quinn waiting in the background for a chance to get the nod. why dont the browns try to trade derek anderson (now that he had a great season) and start brady quinn next year? they could easily get one first round pick for anderson now.

Especially if Miami does the trade w/Cowboys, and have an extra first round pick.

Either Miami, tampa, maybe even the jets can use him. Jets should get a QB in this draft though.

I'd trade Brady Quinn before I would trade Anderson. The kid is a gamer. Quinn's cap hit isn't as big as one would think.

Quinn may or may not be ready. Anderson is. They can afford two QB's.

it is the whole brees rivers issue that the chargers had. They should have traded brees while they could but instead they ended up having to let him walk. I guess they hung onto him to make sure rivers would be ok but for my money Brees was and still is the better QB.

They browns have 2 options trade anderson this year or next and get something for him or let him walk in 2 years. either way it is quinns team and if I were anderson I would demand 6 years or nothing. IF he takes 3 years and then ends up hurt he could get royally screwed. demand the 6 to cover your butt or have them trade you to a team that wants to start you.

I do think how ever that if he has another good year this year they will be able to get more for him next year than right now as long as he stays healthy

T

They didn't realize Anderson would end up as good as he was. I saw him play last year and thought he was pretty good in some of the games I saw, never knew why they were stuck on Charlie Frye. Turned out I was right.
I think they let Quinn learn from Anderson for a few years IMO. A la Rodgers and Favre.

Quinn has actually looked good in the playtime he has gotten. I think he'll be able to do the same things Anderson did this year.

So for the Browns the smart thing to do would be to trade Derek for a 1st. You couldn't get a 1st for Quinn right now.

Before we start singing the complete praises of Anderson lets wait a year -- I have seen many QBs who come out and since there is no film on them they play great at first and then falter -- but I agree with the majority that he is a better bet right now then Quinn -- and since the Browns team as a whole had such a good year they cannot afford to start a rebuilding exercise yet --

The browns have derek anderson wanting a 6 year contract. They want him to have a 3 year. They have brady quinn waiting in the background for a chance to get the nod. why dont the browns try to trade derek anderson (now that he had a great season) and start brady quinn next year? they could easily get one first round pick for anderson now.

Great post!! I was wondering the same thing?? Personally .. I would try to find a trade for Quinn but I know thats not going to happen.. IMHO ..its better to have a bird in the hand than 2 in the bush.... we know Anderson can play very well... we know nothing about Quinn in the NFL....

I do think Quinn will be good ... but I cant say that for sure until he starts for a year or 2....

First off, Anderson is a FA. They tendered him a transition tag, 1st and 3rd picks as compensation.
Secondly, as good as he looked early in the season, he looked equally bad in the second half. I watched him struggle against the vaunted Bengals Defense.
Third, Quinn has maybe 10 minutes of actual game time experience. They would be taking a step back.

If someone signs him to a huge contract then I would let him walk. The Browns have a lot of needs and those two picks could be gold. If no one makes an offer sign him for a year see how he does and then either tag him again or give him an extension with a raise.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom