N/S-Bucs acquire Gabe Carimi for 6th round pick (1 Viewer)

scott88

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Buccaneers acquired G/T Gabe Carimi from the Bears in exchange for a sixth-round draft pick in 2014.

Bears GM Phil Emery is throwing in the towel on ex-GM Jerry Angelo's final first-round pick after two years of dismal performance. In 2012, Pro Football Focus graded Carimi 73rd among 80 qualifying offensive tackles, and 78th in pass protection. Carimi did handle himself much better in four appearances in right guard. The Bears were going to audition Carimi there full-time in training camp. Instead, he's off to Tampa Bay to compete for a roster spot. The Bucs have one of the better lines in football, so Carimi would do well to earn a sixth-man role.

per: rotoworld

I can't believe how big a bust he turned into. I still would've taken a chance on him for a 6th round pick

Why are the Bears giving up anyone of substance along their offensive line?

Oh, I see, he stinks.

Just due to how terrible the bears line is year in and year out as of lately, he's worth the pick. There has been as issue from the top down in Chicago as far as O Line production goes.. 6th round is not a bad investment at all considering the upside. Good trade for the Sucs, but it won't matter this year against us. One year in a new environment probably won't be enough to repair Carimi's shattered confidence.

I don't follow the bears, so I don't know how good or bad he has been, but I hear most of his troubles come from injury, rather than lack of talent. I remember he was a solid prospect a few years ago. Definitely worth a flier at that price.

I woulda taken a shot with a 6 rounder.... But yeah...the Bears o-line was conceptualized in Switzerland

Kromer will have the Bears line playing very well.

This is what I was thinking. Kromer knows O-line. If he came here and wanted to trade and got anything for an underpreformer he didnt believe in, that's cool with me.

Because obviously you have to hurt the worst opposing player to get a W..

Buccaneers acquired G/T Gabe Carimi from the Bears in exchange for a sixth-round draft pick in 2014.

Bears GM Phil Emery is throwing in the towel on ex-GM Jerry Angelo's final first-round pick after two years of dismal performance. In 2012, Pro Football Focus graded Carimi 73rd among 80 qualifying offensive tackles, and 78th in pass protection. Carimi did handle himself much better in four appearances in right guard. The Bears were going to audition Carimi there full-time in training camp. Instead, he's off to Tampa Bay to compete for a roster spot. The Bucs have one of the better lines in football, so Carimi would do well to earn a sixth-man role.

per: rotoworld

I can't believe how big a bust he turned into. I still would've taken a chance on him for a 6th round pick

Does Carimi remind anybody of Jason Smith? High first round status, then not nearly living up to the hype. Although Smith was a "bust" for a longer period of time than Carimi.

The overall draft philosophy seems to have changed over the years, from drafting skill position players (mostly QBs and WRs, but sometimes RBs) to drafting tackles, particularly players perceived to be able to play LT. Three of the first four selections in the 2013 draft were tackles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom