N/S: Bucs sign Marques Douglas (DE) could sign 2 more players (1 Viewer)

Saints382

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
"-The Santa Rosa Press Democrat reports that the Bucaneers have signed DL Marques Douglas to a four-year contract.

-The Bucs are nearing an agreement with free agent DB Eugene Wilson, according to the St. Petersburg Times.

-Free agent WR D.J. Hackett is slated to visit the Buccaneers on Thursday.

-The agent for Bryant Johnson says he expects his client to sign with a team shortly."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=TB

The Bucs are supposedly 1 of those teams, that could sign B-Johnson.

While Hackett when healthy is a BEAST....he has a "strong interest" in the Panthers as well (per KFFL).

Bryant Johnson is reportedly looking to be paid like a #2, even though he's been at best a serviceable #3. Another example of 1st round talent, 4th round production.

I am a little surprised we have not entertained Hackett, Johnson or Drew Carter (who signed with the Raiders). Our WR corps could use an upgrade (if the price is not too high).

Bryant Johnson is reportedly looking to be paid like a #2, even though he's been at best a serviceable #3. Another example of 1st round talent, 4th round production.

How can you say that? I would think he would get #2 money easily. Remember, he is on the same team with Boldin and Fitzgerald (and a team that has had, at best, marginal QB play over his tenure).

I'm liking the Bucs offseason so far! Dunn will be a great passing down back, I would just now like to see them lock up Jovan Haye for a long time & sign either Hackett or Johnson. The first rd of the draft hopefully either DeSean Jackson or Brian Brohm is still available at no.20. Then Tampa has a very nice young core for years to come...if no Brohm maybe Flacco in the 2nd, I have a good feeling about him!

How can you say that? I would think he would get #2 money easily. Remember, he is on the same team with Boldin and Fitzgerald (and a team that has had, at best, marginal QB play over his tenure).

Warner isn't terrible. A little sack/fumble prone but he's not an inaccurate passer and wouldn't affect his WR's production.

Johnson has started some games. Boldin and Fitzgerald both have been injured. He's not a bad receiver but he's "maxed out". What you see now is what he is. He doesn't get great separation past the LOS which is why he works best in the slot. I think he'll struggle at either the Z or the X and expect the Bucs to use him as a slot between Hackett and Galloway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom